Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Metroidmania....."  (Read 20505 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2013, 08:32:13 PM »
Because he said "I have enough rep points that I can badmouth" xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2013, 08:43:42 PM »
Sorry, but I have to respond to this too. So, we're talking about classic style Castlevania game just to be clear. This would be a 2D 6 to 8 level action game, typically. I think it's very reasonable to say that this game could be made on a shoestring budget compared to a title like LOS. They make the game on a small budget, release it for download on PSN and Xbox arcade (even ios) and avoid duplication costs as well. Konami could easily turn a profit on a game like that. Easily. Especially with the extra attention LOS brings to the Castlevania name right now.
You can't really say that. The budget only depends on the style they'll be using. Will it be using sprites? 3D models on a 2D plane? Handpainting style? Cellshading?

Will they be reusing material from past games or creating everything from 0?

Will this investment be worth it (AKA, will this shit give us money?).

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2013, 08:54:20 PM »
+1
All of the above could easily be done on less than a half and probably a quarter of the budget they put into LOS. Again, we're talking about a classic castlevania style game here. It would relatively short and the replay hours would come in because the game would difficult to beat.

And yes, there is a huge market for games like this still. Just look at mobile gaming. It's becoming a huge gaming industry because people still love to play short and challenging games and they can be sold for way cheaper. The classic Castlevania style could lend itself to this type of market perfectly. It would be perfect to pick up, play through a level and put away until next time. And like I said PSN and Xbox arcade are great outlets for this type of game too.

Instead Konami put a ridiculous Castlevania puzzle game on the itunes store... Now that was a waste of money.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Skycaptain Steampunk

• Hunter in Training
  • "Eu sunt Dracul!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2013, 10:19:33 PM »
April 09, 2013, 10:19:33 PM - Hidden.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2013, 10:37:36 PM »
+1
But Cox doesn't make the best games. Pre-IGA Konami did.  And listening to all of Cox's interviews, it's obvious he is ill-suited for directing any game production of a pre-existing franchise. I'm not saying he's a bad director -- LoS and even MoF are far cries from Cheetahman 3D -- but he should be making new games, not trying to rewrite old games. He obviously doesn't know the meaning of the word "fan". Give the guy a better team of storywriters and some programmers with innovation and I think Cox could spin a great game once he stops trying to be the Sam Raimi of game programming directors.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2013, 02:51:08 AM »
+1
why waste the time of the konami in find new team if cox can make the best games forever? and why waste the time on playing the old portatils if they can play mirror of fate, and its have a map too, no body can be lose with the map.

Lol!!!!! OK, we are going to toss you on Amazon, but don't be afraid, you have a map so you want get lose and since you want get lose, you want even die.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2013, 10:05:16 AM »
+2
Right on Theo! Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2013, 05:10:09 AM »
Some people here really have an agenda against the users who they don't agree. From 43 to 36 in hours.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:12:28 AM by Maedhros »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2013, 05:46:08 AM »
+1
Of course I played Rebirth and Dracula X Chronicles. First I played the originals because THEY ARE REMAKES.

If you actually played Adventure Rebirth, you'd know that the game can hardly be called a remake.

I was one of the few Americans who actually owned a Turbo Duo and imported Dracula X: Rondo of Blood.

If I were to believe you here, then you would have been one of a severely small minority, like a 0.01%. I can't blame Konami at all for re-releasing a game that no one but a handful of people in the west had played. Especially when plans to do so had been floating around for years prior.

Like it or not, in a strange way, these were both new games. Adventure Rebirth in it's entirety, and DXC to 99.98% of western gamers.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2013, 10:15:54 AM »
+1
You're a good guy Uzo but I don't agree. I consider them both remakes because that's what they are, and that's what Konami considers them. I suppose that I am in the minority in that case because I imported Rondo. I remember the chores I had to do to get my dad to order it for me, and the nights I stayed up glued to the screen playing it, confined by the 4ft cord the turbo duo controller had. I ended up selling the duo 4 years ago on eBay. I got $400 for it and used the money to get a PS3. But I kept rondo because it has sentimental value.

I'm not kidding and certainly not lying about my Castlevania collection. It includes games even rarer than the original rondo of blood. Perhaps I should post a picture if my credibility is on the line.

Anyways, a re-release is a re-release. I'm talking about a new game here with new everything. I'll agree that Adventure Rebirth is quite different from the gameboy original. But to me, someone who grew up playing these old games, it doesn't suffice to call them complete new classicvanias.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2013, 10:24:11 AM »
+2
Some people here really have an agenda against the users who they don't agree. From 43 to 36 in hours.

Oh no! You've uncovered the conspiracy! Oh wait though, that can't be true because I'm on the other side of the fence and just about every post I make pining for a new classicvania over a Metriodvania gets negative respect points. If there's someone out there with an agenda against the IGA fans that shouldn't make sense. Unless... Someone is out to get both of us!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2013, 11:42:54 AM »
+2
You're a good guy Uzo but I don't agree. I consider them both remakes because that's what they are, and that's what Konami considers them.

Quote from: IGA
Because Castlevania: the Adventure Rebirth is more a completely new game than a remake, (...)

Tough luck.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2013, 11:59:14 AM »
I'm not kidding and certainly not lying about my Castlevania collection. It includes games even rarer than the original rondo of blood. Perhaps I should post a picture if my credibility is on the line.

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,3325.0.html

show us

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2013, 12:41:17 PM »
I agree with crisis, but not because I doubt you, its because by doing that you can remove the doubt of everyone that is doubting you.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2013, 02:59:11 PM »
+4
Here it is.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:07:19 PM by MontoyaGraphics »

Tags: