Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Did you know...  (Read 2405 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« on: October 05, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »
+2
We could potentially make a whole thread out of this... We'll see.

Anyway, did you know in CV3 that if you turn Alucard into a bat and fly along the water in the sunken ruins, Al will make the water splash and he'll bounce upward off the water.

Rubble from smashing blocks counts as one of your attacks.

Sypha's ice magic can kill White Dragons in two hits (freeze then smack with staff).

Sypha's Ice Magic has no effect on the Bone Dragon King.

Sypha's staff rapes the Bone Dragon King.

Fleamen/Gremlins leap at you when they are near and you face them. After five leaps, they run away.

Slimes leap at you when you look away from them then jump off the screen and fall down on top of you (like in "The Blob"). Sure, ya knew that; but did you also know they can jump into a wall and fall to their deaths if you're Grant? Bet ya didn't know that!

Crows will swoop down at you eight times and then retreat straight across the screen in your direction.

You can duck under Dracula's spit in his second form in Japanese CV3. (Yeah, you probably knew that by now).

Death's skull form will reflect the Cross back prematurely, although if you throw the cross the opposite direction first, it will hurt him.

There is boss data missing between The Creature and Death -- someone was removed from the lineup. (You'd know this if you've been around a few months.)

Medusa has two sound effects in CV3, neither of which work.

You can't freeze the dripping water in the catacombs (go figure).

Boss Alucard's flames can be frozen by Sypha's Ice but will still hurt you if touched.

The Giant Bat boss can only fly so low, so you can in essence duck under it until it passes, although this is a time waster.

You can't fall off the far right side of the section in the mountains where rocks just keep falling and falling on you, but Grant can climb down it to his death; if he stops partway down, he'll be stuck in the wall. You can then wait until the blocks have filled up the screen then crawl up the wall (you can't jump because you're stuck in the wall, but you can still crawl). Getting across the chasm from that wall to the stairs is a whole other issue.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:50:04 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 11:26:09 PM »
You can't freeze the dripping water in the catacombs (go figure).

I wouldn't call it water per se, mainly because the droplets are dissolving the blocks they fall on. They are most likely acid. But I can't remember if you take damage from them or not.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 12:33:42 AM »
These are all pretty neat, would like to see more.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 10:17:01 AM »
Missing boss data? Is it just a missing pointer or could you actually insert a new boss?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Julius Belmont

• The One and Only
  • Hunter in Training
  • Everything that kills me, will eventually perish.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 01:57:25 PM »
I'd personally like to see more of these, I knew some of them, but I learned some new things today, and wow no one has posted here in over 120 days.
Art not done by me.
Last night I lied down in my bed and looked up at the stars. Then I thought, "Wait, where the hell is the ceiling?"

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
I've only known about the immunity to JPNZ Drac's crap in the last couple of years, but what is this missing boss data I'm suddenly hearing about??? 

Maybe it was a Getsu Fuuma Den beastie tailored to the Akumajou Densetsu sensibility?  I recently played a bit more of GM than I had in the past and discovered the debut of the whipping skeletons; CVIII actually takes after GM a nice bit. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:16:30 AM by Eric Roman »

Tags: