Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I can't believe it's not Castlevania music  (Read 118933 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: I can't believe it's not Castlevania music
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2011, 10:20:39 PM »
Now I feel like revisiting Bara no seidou after all these years. I should go steal my friend's copy (as well as his cartridge of Dracula X), since he's a loser stoner and drunkard now anyway and likely wouldn't notice it missing. I remember the packaging being a suede-bound book or something.

Though I always dug their album merveilles the most.

MAYBE it's about time I buy copies of my own, and perhaps of X Japan as well. Hmm... Depends on how much I still dig 'em, I guess. D:
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2011, 10:51:43 PM »
Its all cool because Mana is a open fan of Castlevania, and did a cell phone song for them... but never made it, Honestly If Mana ever did the music to a castlevania game it would be too awesome.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2011, 12:26:35 AM »
Now I feel like revisiting Bara no seidou after all these years. I should go steal my friend's copy (as well as his cartridge of Dracula X), since he's a loser stoner and drunkard now anyway and likely wouldn't notice it missing.

You're not a good friend.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2011, 08:13:27 AM »
Lol yeah thats a rather terrible thing to say about your friend... XD

From what Ive seen, (don't actually have the album, though Id LOVE to) it was blue with a cathedral. I couldnt say if it was suede though. but looking at this pic, it definitly looks like it could be suede and book bound.
(click to show/hide)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Richter

• Vampire Killer
  • Hunter in Training
  • Die, monster!
    • Project R Design
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2011, 09:16:18 AM »
Mr Vampire is full of it, but I can't find the music only so this trailer will have to do (From 1:32)

Mr Vampire - Original HK Trailer

Oh and this too

A Chinese Ghost Story Theme
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 09:23:36 AM by Richter »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2011, 01:09:22 PM »
I wouldn't really do that. :p Buuut, he is a bit of a douchenuggeteer these days. Never returns calls, never wants to hang with anyone who doesn't smoke pot or drink alcohol. Just turned into a total dick one day and has remained ever since. :O Now he's basically homeless but crashing with his brother and girlfriend, and they're pretty sick of him.

I did once borrow Dracula X from him for several months, and when I brought it back, he mentioned not even being aware I had it. :p He forgot he lent it to me, aaand forgot he even had it. Hence why I could probably take it and it'd never be missed. :p

But I was kiiiddiiiiiiiiing. I'm no thief. Honest. :o I have the superior Super Famicom version anyway—I just can't tell what the text says.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 01:13:22 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2011, 01:49:35 PM »
Why does that pic bare a striking resemblence to CoD's St. Garibaldi temple where you first meet St. Germain? Did IGA borrow the design?

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2011, 03:26:50 AM »
The beginning of this song always reminded me of Castlevania.

Machines of Loving Grace -- Butterfly Wings
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2011, 04:48:28 AM »
Guys, you should take a listen to this: Yngwie Malmsteen - Far Beyond the Sun (around 0:30) // Castlevania II - Dwelling of Doom

It seems the Konami Kukeiha Club has some good inspirations, haha.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2011, 12:13:31 PM »
Guys, you should take a listen to this: Yngwie Malmsteen - Far Beyond the Sun (around 0:30) // Castlevania II - Dwelling of Doom

It seems the Konami Kukeiha Club has some good inspirations, haha.

Oh wow! Nice find.

Offline VGuyver

• Haunted by Typo's
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2011, 07:15:59 PM »
Castlevania dungeon's and this forum have talkign about that endlessly in the past. I thought everoyne knew at this point. XD

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2011, 11:11:16 PM »
Guess I missed the memo. Well, now I know I guess.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2011, 11:04:03 AM »
Mega man is actually a franchise not unfamiliar with Castlevania-y tunes either.

What? Castlevania? in MY Mega Man?

Its more likely than you think.

Mega Man X5 had the theme for the Shadow Devil, (which is in turn, a remix of the original fortress boss theme from the first Mega Man game)
Mega Man X5 OST, T22: Shadow Devil (Dr. Wily Stage Boss)

Mega Man X8 had a pretty interesting biblical theme going for it, so naturally, it comes down to Sigma looking like something Demonic, and Lumine, (The -OMG PLOT TWIST- final boss) looking all angelic and such, and of course, the music matches with the theme.
Mega Man X8 OST, T59-e: Oncoming Generation

Mega Man X8 OST, T29: VS Lumine ~ The First Form

Mega Man X8 OST, T30: VS Lumine ~ The Second Form (Intro)

Aaaand Mega Man Legends. It also has sort of that similar vibe that X8 has, (hard to explain it)
so it comes complete with eerie organ music!
Megaman Juno Battle (Little Fugue)

The rest of the eerie music is more "heavenly" sounding instead of Castlevania sounding though, Juno's theme is all that really fits sort of.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2011, 04:38:44 PM »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2011, 06:26:22 PM »
I do find that the Shadow Devil boss theme and Poison Mind sound eerily similar.

Also, the Orbital Elevator theme in X8 reminds me a lot of Don't Wait Until Night.

Tags:

anything