Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Devil May Cry Reboot  (Read 51593 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 11:48:09 PM »
Why do they need to reboot DMC when, if I'm not mistaken, DMC4 came out not too long ago? It may have been a couple of years, sure but... If they felt the need to reboot why'd they do the fourth instalment?

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 02:39:30 AM »
As a fairly casual fan of the series, I don't really like this at all. I wouldn't have a problem with the character design if this were a completely new series, but they just fixed what wasn't broken. Dante himself was probably the most important aspect of the series, and now they decided to change it. This feels like some kid pretending to be Dante, or something.

Still, this has raised my curiosity. I'm really interested in seeing how this turns out.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 03:04:19 AM »
This feels like some kid pretending to be Dante, or something.

Someone at another forum wrote the following: "[...] brainwashing some poor drugged-out kid into thinking he's Dante (completing the illusion, of course, by genetic demon infusion whatever experiment). It'd be a different story and an allusion to the game's external development. ".

It's possible  ;D

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 08:05:05 AM »
They pulled a LoS on Dante.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 08:20:03 AM »

They pulled a LoS on Dante.

At least Gabriel looks like a Belmont and not like a dude looks like he spends his days at Hot Toipic reading Scott Pilgirm in the library sitting indian style.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:33:59 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 11:11:35 AM »
Seems lame. New design is stupid.
Hope it's a prequel and not a reboot, that would be retarded for such a young IP.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 11:12:42 AM »
At least Gabriel looks like a Belmont and not like a dude looks like he spends his days at Hot Toipic reading Scott Pilgirm in the library sitting indian style.

Can't say the same about Cornell who? 

Offline Artanis

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Devil May Cry Reboot
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 12:18:51 PM »
RIP DMC.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 01:07:15 PM »
hey guys look at what the "Original" Dante thinks of the "New" Dante :D

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 02:20:17 PM »
I love Devil May Cry. The series is dead to me now. This drug addict kid is Dante? What the hell? And where is Rebellion? Why do the demons look so mechanical? Where is the gothic architecture? This is the worst thing they could have possibly done to the series. Lords of Shadow changed nothing compared to this. RIP DMC. You died too young  >:(
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 03:29:03 PM »
I was never really a fan of Devil May Cry, but I really don't like what they did to the new one, and I really don't like that Dante.

I just hope he still has to fill someones dark soul with light
I should have been the one to fill ur dark sould with LIGHT!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 04:18:54 PM »
Action in the trailer looks Devil May Cry. This little drugged out turd does not. He needs to either be an original character, or he needs to die.

Also, it seems to be a guarantee that Non-Japanese Developer = no chance of 60 FPS in a game, ever. Which will be a damned shame after how smooth and gorgeous DMC4 looked.

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 04:48:04 PM »
Also, it seems to be a guarantee that Non-Japanese Developer = no chance of 60 FPS in a game, ever. Which will be a damned shame after how smooth and gorgeous DMC4 looked.

The forest levels, especially when fights Fausts or Mephistos, had some annoying slowdowns when you were near trees or heavy foliage. Especially that one part where theres that creek. I don't recall any slowdown in DMC3 though.

Have you guys seen this? Apparently the guy on the right is the games director. FUCK HIM!! >:( >:( >:(
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 04:51:25 PM »

Have you guys seen this? Apparently the guy on the right is the games director. FUCK HIM!! >:( >:( >:(
yes indeed
its bad enough they are calling this new character Dante but the fact that the producer actually had the balls to model the character after himeself is a real low blow to DMC fans

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 04:57:17 PM »
hah, talk about an ego trip.

Tags: