Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848738 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1215 on: May 28, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »
The old Tales battle system was in 2D.
Of course, it's a lot better once it went 3D with the later games but the 2D battle scenes with Cless, Mint, & Co. were pretty cool.  You pressed certain buttons to do certain moves and some moves can be chained into others.  There's also a guard button.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1216 on: May 28, 2012, 04:24:08 PM »
You pressed certain buttons to do certain moves and some moves can be chained into others.  There's also a guard button.
I'm just going to have to wait and see on Thursday, but that sounds a lot like LoS.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1217 on: May 28, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »
To be more specific on the attack buttons, there's a button for normal attacks, and another button combined with directional input (including neutral) for special skills.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1218 on: May 28, 2012, 05:05:21 PM »
+1
Jeez people, whatever happened to the wait-and-see approach? After all, bad ideas could still be saved by a good enough execution (and in this case, it better be damn good)...
>Tales-style combat
...as good ideas could still be ruined by bad execution.
(...What? I'm a fan of the Tales series, okay?)

And being a tales fanboy is bad because?

I (excuse my language and sorry if I offend anyone) f@#king love the tales of series, I want to get all of them, but that is not happening anytime soon all what I have is symphonia,vesperia, and tales of the abyss 3ds.

I also recall in a much more early post that I typed down that the combat could be a tales like a tales game. Which I am all freaking for.  ;D
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1219 on: May 28, 2012, 05:16:21 PM »
I think Tales of combat is good... for some hours. I really think the Tales series shallow as fuck, don't like their games and animu characters. It's the type of JRPG I don't like. I hope the combat feels more like old Castlevania titles, where the whip is strong. They could add moves that hit certain types of monsters, but that's it.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1220 on: May 28, 2012, 05:17:25 PM »
And being a tales fanboy is bad because?
Because I don't want to be associated with the sick bastards known as fangirls. :V
And before anyone screams "that's sexist!" just look at the rampant yaoi shipping. That's just the tip of the iceberg.
...Wait, why am I even afraid in the first place?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:24:05 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #1221 on: May 28, 2012, 05:24:20 PM »
Because I don't want to be associated with the sick bastards known as fangirls. :V
And before anyone screams "that's sexist!" just look at the rampant yaoi shipping. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

YurixFlynn, GuyxLuke where else do I need to go? Ha ha enough said right  ;) And what about RitaxEstelle wooh... This can go all day long...  :P

On a more serious note glad there are more tales fan than I thought on this site  ;D
(click to show/hide)

Offline Thy Gory Rory

• Hunter in Training
  • ...I'm holding my sausage hostage!
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1222 on: May 28, 2012, 07:27:04 PM »
Regarding this whole interesting Simon Belmont/Alucard rumor... Maybe Simon initially exists in human form and (like Gabriel before him) gradually vampirically transforms into a vampiric being that will be known as Alucard. They could even look somewhat the same (facial structure, overall outfit, hair length, etc...) Perhaps, Simon's original overall features will be that of light and as he transcends he will become more dark to take on Dracula. From there certain aesthetic features may change and the two become more distinguished from one another. Who knows? Meh, weirder things have already been said so hopefully nobody will jump down my throat. I just thought like throwing my own little what-if observation into the already convoluted and confusing mixing pot ;)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1223 on: May 28, 2012, 10:31:03 PM »
+1
I think Tales of combat is good... for some hours. I really think the Tales series shallow as fuck, don't like their games and animu characters. It's the type of JRPG I don't like. I hope the combat feels more like old Castlevania titles, where the whip is strong. They could add moves that hit certain types of monsters, but that's it.
I didn't notice your post before, but Tales, shallow? Really, if you pay attention to the story without being spoiled anything, then you'd be thrown around for a loop. The Tales Series' strength story-wise lies in deconstruction, while the story may start off looking like a cliche storm it ultimately subverts and deconstructs many tropes it uses, which is why it has lots of fans.
And regarding the combat system, it's one of those "easy to learn but hard to master" things, you'd be surprised at the impressive combos that can be pulled off if you've completely mastered the system.
So yeah, Tales is anything but shallow.
^^

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1224 on: May 28, 2012, 11:39:36 PM »
I didn't notice your post before, but Tales, shallow? Really, if you pay attention to the story without being spoiled anything, then you'd be thrown around for a loop. The Tales Series' strength story-wise lies in deconstruction, while the story may start off looking like a cliche storm it ultimately subverts and deconstructs many tropes it uses, which is why it has lots of fans.
And regarding the combat system, it's one of those "easy to learn but hard to master" things, you'd be surprised at the impressive combos that can be pulled off if you've completely mastered the system.

To me there are so many move for instance one move I like with Lloyd from symphonia is the good simple ole beast/double demon fang tech.

It's just mixing it up that makes it interesting not to mention you can play with friends except mines they get bored so much and I do not know why.  ??? Maybe not so much I had a hella fun time playing as Genis and Rita (funny how their the ones who use whip like weapons Genis gets a morningstar and Rita gets a chainwhip) with them hell we even beat a few bosses so I guess it is not that bad  :)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1225 on: May 29, 2012, 01:16:53 AM »
I'm a Castlevania ass-kisser. Deal with it. 8)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1226 on: May 29, 2012, 02:49:31 AM »
I think shallow wasn't the word. Repetitive and boring was what I was looking for. I didn't like the story of any game I've played from the series. The combat, yeah, like I've said, the combat was fun. I just don't like it after some time. Even with the flashy combo system, it isn't for me at all.

I prefer the traditional one or the game being an action RPG. My favourite type of JRPG are games like Grandia or action RPGS like Ys and no Kiseki series.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1227 on: May 29, 2012, 03:32:50 AM »
You know, you could've said that it wasn't your cup of tea earlier. Then I wouldn't have minded as much.
^^

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1228 on: May 29, 2012, 05:26:09 AM »
+2
I'm not a native speaker, sometimes it's not easy for me to make my point, specially when I'm bored or sleepy, I can't make sentences that well so it sounds a bit harsh sometimes, or even wrong.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1229 on: May 29, 2012, 05:34:59 AM »
+2
RISING FALCON! :D
I'm fond of the combat system because it has a lot of variations.  Possibly more variations than LoS's system.
However, I wouldn't like the enemies having too much health.  I hated that in Bloodrayne Betrayal and in the later enemies in LoS.  JUST DIE!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: .....? 

anything