Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848680 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2880 on: June 12, 2012, 11:21:07 PM »
I missed you Profbeanburrito :3

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2881 on: June 12, 2012, 11:29:19 PM »
+3
I don't think most people are outrightly AGAINST Lords of Shadow's music. It's just hard a pill to swallow when we've been used to a completely different set of music style for most of the games up until LoS. I remember not liking Rondo's music because I at first thought it was too pop-like and upbeat, but after some listen-throughs, I found it was appropriate for it's game.

Maybe the music Lords had was appropriate for it's game, but that just kinda cements the view that it wasn't much of a Castlevania game.
I dunno, I mean, I went into LoS with an open mind and accepted everything it threw at me with curiosity and intrigue. I took it for what it was. A completely different alternate universe interpretation of the Castlevania franchise, and I liked it for what it was. I didnt try to compare it to the rest of the series, because it isnt a PART of the previous series. and never will be, and isnt supposed to be. :P

I can see flaws in it, it has them- but I dont see the direction it took as so terribly franchise destroying as everyone else likes to think it is.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline BingleGod

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2882 on: June 13, 2012, 02:37:19 AM »
+1
Quote from: Flame
I didnt try to compare it to the rest of the series, because it isnt a PART of the previous series. and never will be, and isnt supposed to be. :P

This is kind of ridiculous. No piece of entertainment exists in a vacuum. The instant another thing exists, art becomes relative and comparable. LoS may not be a part of CV's previous narrative, but it is a part of the CV series -- a part that is also making adjustments to antecedent elements, mind you, such as the Belmonts' origin --, a videogame among other videogames, and a creative work among other creative works. Treating it like a qualitatively isolated thing because of its fictional canon is untenable.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #2883 on: June 13, 2012, 02:48:04 AM »
Catchy traditional pop/rock/metal CV tracks wouldn't fit LoS. The LoS universe is very cinematic and needs orchestra music. That's for the genre.

As for the composition, it's decent. However, I'd LOVE to hear previous Kukeiha Club/Yamane/etc. compositions, arranged by Araujo. The "Waterfalls" in LoS had a very, very nice arrangement IMO (VK too, but it's different), and I'm sure tracks like Beginning (the real deal, not 8 hidden notes at the end of "The Final Confrontation"), Wicked Child or Walking on the Edge would be killer if performed by an orchestra (yes, I saw videos of CV: The Concert too).

Also, if there are Araujo compositions in a more melodic style, I'll be happy. Some tracks from LoS (The Warg, The Final Battle, etc.) were very good IMO, because they had some melodies. I love the LoS Theme leitmotiv too (0:23 in The Warg for instance), and I hope to hear it again.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2884 on: June 13, 2012, 04:37:13 AM »
+1
I can see just some of the older tracks being great in orchestra format. Specially Symphony of the Night ones, because they are more moody than most of the series. But I'll take the older style over the new one any day.

That's one area of LoS that I can't see being fixed, so I really don't care anymore. It's funny, in older titles of the series, I was in for the music and the gameplay, ignoring CV story (which is not good by any means). And these two are what I dislike more in LoS.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:39:41 AM by Maedhros »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2885 on: June 13, 2012, 06:54:38 AM »
For developers who say they loved SCIV as much as they do, Simon's Theme needs to be in in some way shape or form. Araujo could make such a wonderful recomposition of that if he was bothered to

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2886 on: June 13, 2012, 07:34:34 AM »
I haven't checked the last three pages.  There's a rumor that the last playable character is Gabriel. 
So it's:
Trevor
Simon
Alucard
Gabriel (Dracula?)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #2887 on: June 13, 2012, 07:45:09 AM »
Also it seems that
(click to show/hide)

That is so fucking lame.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Starman DX

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #2888 on: June 13, 2012, 07:48:15 AM »
+1
Really disappointed at the news about Gabriel. It might be ok if he has more Dracula powers and less of his abilities from LoS1.

Considering that Trevor was already Gabe 2.0, this seems pretty redundant on paper.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2889 on: June 13, 2012, 08:16:26 AM »
@Redgrave

yo yo yo dawg u got the rite idea no sense hatin lords 2 da shadow graphics is da bomb

da cv nerds all disrespectin da graphics rite

wat they know bout da tunes
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:18:03 AM by uzo »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2890 on: June 13, 2012, 08:20:43 AM »
lol i agree with DPA here.
(click to show/hide)

Nigga,the fact that many people are saying that the Mirror of fate's graphics is bad(Which is pretty average to me)will make mercury steam to improve it more.Look at DmC for example.

This happened while I was asleep, so I did not reprimand you in time.
Take a moment to read the rules, as offensive slurs against any group of people are not tolerated and you will be punished if you keep up that attitude.

I'm somewhat perturbed by the ginger comments but to a less degree.  Keep it classic, fellas.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2891 on: June 13, 2012, 08:56:21 AM »
One thing that has me wondering is who are we gonna fight against as Gabriel? Is he gonna lay waste to the brotherhood with his new powers or what, cause he pretty much killed everyone.

Maybe that CG trailer from LOS2 will be in playable form in Mirror of Fate on a 2.5D plane. Gabriel was using crimson lighting (+1 for whoever gets that reference) on his enemies and Cox said that all the Belmonts (excluding Alucard) have whips.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:58:42 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2892 on: June 13, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »
+1
Also, they say that the LoS series is the Castlevania tale told from Dracula's eyes, they felt it was the natural thing because (I quote) It was ridiculous that A series that goes around Dracula had him relegated to 5mins before the end game only to have him killed and resurrected in 100 years.
Understandable and logical, I support this idea.

This is kind of ridiculous.

You trying to dig too deep for nothing.
I hold LOS in the same regard - as a separate entry in the Castlevania series, that does its own thing. New story, with new style and new standarts. It is only logical to take it as separate version of the CV series.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #2893 on: June 13, 2012, 09:14:48 AM »
Gabriel was using crimson lighting (+1 for whoever gets that reference) on his enemies and Cox said that all the Belmonts (excluding Alucard) have whips.

This is also equally lame. And as a starting game developer, it's exceedingly lazy. They've basically given us three of the same thing. At least Dracula's Curse on the NES had completely different weapons for each character that demanded totally different play styles.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:42:35 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2894 on: June 13, 2012, 09:42:45 AM »
+2
Maybe that CG trailer from LOS2 will be in playable form in Mirror of Fate on a 2.5D plane.

Considering the game has trouble with rendering two enemies on screen, let alone an army, I'd say that is highly unlikely.

Tags: .....? 

anything