Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849034 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4485 on: February 05, 2013, 11:42:35 AM »
When did Cox say there wouldn't be any remixes?

It seems like a strange thing to do, considering LoS 1 had a few, and the reboot series itself seems to thrive on throwbacks from what LoS presented.

maybe he just doesn't want to get people's hype and expectations too high up and then to start on the "OMG HE SAID THERE WOULD BE REMIXES BUT THAT ONE CAVE TUNE IS NOT THERE 1/10 GAME SUX NOW". This way, if remixes DO pop up, it will be more of a surprise.

That said, I DO hope for more character themes. LoS really nailed Theme of Belmont, and it was an epic character theme as fart as Belmont themes go. Here's hoping even if they are not remixes, Trevor Simon and Alucard get some kind of themes.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4486 on: February 05, 2013, 11:53:19 AM »
+1
Mirror of Fate will have an Original Soundtrack.

LoS2 will also have a Original Soundtrack but may have recurring themes of past games choreographed into the score.

People get so confused with this subseries that it is quite pathetic.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4487 on: February 05, 2013, 12:15:31 PM »
I recall in one of his many interviews Cox saying that there won't be any remixes, just original trax. so no Simon's Theme SRY GUYZ

but perhaps there will be a piece from Metal Gear track or some other random easter egg, just because

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4488 on: February 05, 2013, 12:26:36 PM »
+1
I think people expect fanservice when the Lords of Shadow subseries(alt universe) is trying to do it's own thing.

And many just simply cannot take the hint.

I for one actually like the story and atmosphere as it's the dark fantasy like game I crave.

There just seems to be those who are completely repulsed that Castlevania dare to have an alternate take on events and remain conservative and stagnant.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4489 on: February 05, 2013, 12:41:04 PM »
+2
I don't think anyone here's asking for 5 or more remixes. 1 or 2 tracks particularly Simon's Theme & another is what I consider fan-service. But MS is adamant on omitting EVERYTHING, yet they still wanna "borrow" stuff like name drops. Is a couple "classic" remixes really too much to ask? And when Cox is on record saying Lords of Shadow is essentially a "love letter" to the Castlevania brand, I'd expect to see fan service left and right, as opposed to MGS easter eggs & Monty Python references. But that's just me.

It's like your friend asking to stay in & use your apartment/house for the weekend (presumably luxurious for argument's sake), but telling you to remove all your pictures, posters, clothes, etc. just to replace it with his own stuff & to impress a girl. And he's gonna need your car, too. You'll probably say "yeah sure" because he's your friend but at the same time realizing that taking all your shit out isn't necessary at all.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:51:35 PM by crisis »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4490 on: February 05, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »
I seem to remember Cox saying that at least MoF would have some remixes. I wouldn't necessarily miss not having any remixes, because most of those seem to just cover the Castlevania basics.

"Ooh! Can you play Bloody Tears?"

"I dunno... we get that request a lot, how about Forest of Monsters or-"

"BLOODY TEARS! VAMPIRE KILLER! FREE BIRD!"

If they do any remixes, I'd really like for them to go beyond the super obvious ones.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 02:52:12 PM by Munchy »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
    • Awards
« Reply #4491 on: February 05, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »

the hell am I looking at here.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4492 on: February 05, 2013, 03:26:23 PM »

Vlad the Impaler.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4493 on: February 05, 2013, 03:53:16 PM »

I'm not sure, but I kind of hope those hunchbacks were at one point wearing a trench coat to look like a super tall guy.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4494 on: February 06, 2013, 01:46:46 AM »
IGN's MoF - Alucard commentary
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/06/castlevania-3ds-alucard-commentary

I am not liking his wolf form. A wolf standing on 2 legs? C'mon....
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:01:30 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4495 on: February 06, 2013, 02:11:11 AM »
IGN's MoF - Alucard commentary
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/06/castlevania-3ds-alucard-commentary

I am not liking his wolf form. A wolf standing on 2 legs? C'mon....

That's because, he doesn't have a wolf form, but a werewolf form......and you know why? Because the last years, werewolves became a trend, on movies or books, so since they want more casual gamers to enter the series, they went that route.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4496 on: February 06, 2013, 04:53:43 AM »
not liking were-wolf, looks cool though...
isn't alucard supposed to have a sword?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4497 on: February 06, 2013, 05:23:55 AM »
He's supposed to have a sword, but this is Alucard Belmont we're dealing with here.

At around 2:20 the Daemon Lord says "Do you like being a creature of the night?" Sounds like Alucard wasn't born Alucard, but was recently transformed if you ask me. HMMM I WONDER WHO IT COULD BE...

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4498 on: February 06, 2013, 05:51:47 AM »
Whoever it is must have signed a pretty big deal to get powers like that. Only way someone got powers like that is if they sold their soul or something.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4499 on: February 06, 2013, 06:14:14 AM »
He's supposed to have a sword, but this is Alucard Belmont we're dealing with here.

At around 2:20 the Daemon Lord says "Do you like being a creature of the night?" Sounds like Alucard wasn't born Alucard, but was recently transformed if you ask me. HMMM I WONDER WHO IT COULD BE...

We can rule out Simon since in the video released a few days earlier, Alucard was seen falling from a higher floor befor Simon got knocked out. So I think there can only be one person who could fit....

Whoever it is must have signed a pretty big deal to get powers like that. Only way someone got powers like that is if they sold their soul or something.

Most likely that person could have done that.

Tags: .....?