Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Schneider  (Read 10050 times)

Offline actionfence

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Schneider
« on: October 07, 2007, 02:39:22 AM »
Random question...

How is Reinholdt related to the Belmonts?  I have been told that he is Richter's grandson.  Richter's unnamed daughter married Michael Gelhart Schneider... but, Michael is who taught Reinholdt the ways of the Vampire Hunter.  Anyone know the answer to this?  And yes, I know it isn't canon, just a question.

Thanks.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 07:38:58 AM »
In Reply To #1
Honestly?  Just poor story telling.  It's a plot hole, there's no way to make sense of it.  And that father you named... I don't think he was ever mentioned... anywhere.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 10:06:05 AM »
Reinhardt.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 09:07:05 PM »
In Reply To #2

It's not that it's poor storytelling, it's just that when they made the 64 games, they didn't have a timeline to have to worry about. They could just focus on making good games rather than having to worry about how the games would fit into some silly timeline.

Offline victor_cardigan

• DoomGate
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 09:26:02 AM »
Actually Michael was said to be his father's name on the old official game site. There was a quote from him, something along the lines of "Someday you will have no choice but to fight."

Reinhardt is said to be a member of the Belmont clan. Exactly how he is related is never expressedly said.

I have the exact text copied somewhere. I had it as a reference when writing my fic. I'll post it if anyone's interested.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Schneider
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 12:27:43 AM »
In Reply To #2

It's not that it's poor storytelling, it's just that when they made the 64 games, they didn't have a timeline to have to worry about. They could just focus on making good games rather than having to worry about how the games would fit into some silly timeline.

SPOKEN!

Reinhardt makes a damn finer Belmont than, say, Juste or Jonathan.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 12:29:22 AM by A N T R A X X »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Steve

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 02:00:59 AM »
In Reply To #2

There's been a timeline since the very first game.

And it went from there.  By the time the N64 game was made, it was quite established.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 04:43:49 AM »
In Reply To #1
He was initially called Schneider Belmont. It wasn't until late in the development process that they changed the name. I presume it was to further imply that it was a side story to the series' timeline.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 10:33:58 AM »
In Reply To #7

Not really. At least if there was, it didn't figure into the story much at all. They didn't say, "Well, we already have these years filled up so we need to make a game that covers these years here..." they just made the games and there wasn't much regard for a timeline IGA style.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 08:11:35 PM »
In Reply To #9
Having a timeline does not mean actively looking for open spots.  And of course it wasn't as complex as before... THERE WERE LESS GAMES.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 08:31:36 PM »
In Reply To #6

Oh yes, because he was very diverse and interesting...

Aside from the aviator outfit, this guy was the worst imaginable and unmemorable of the whip-yielding characters in the series.

So care to explain how in the hell he's better than Juste Belmont?

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 10:05:14 AM »
In Reply To #10

I guess I mean a timeline in the IGA sense, where he worries so much about everything agreeing and all that. They didn't worry about whether CV64 was going to conflict with another game or anything, they just made it.

In Reply To #6

Oh yes, because he was very diverse and interesting...

Aside from the aviator outfit, this guy was the worst imaginable and unmemorable of the whip-yielding characters in the series.

So care to explain how in the hell he's better than Juste Belmont?

Well, for one, a whip wielding character heads toward the evil castle, meets a beautiful vampire, falls in love with her and basically goes against his oath to destroy all vampires and attempts to save her, which he does. How is that not 10 times more interesting than anything that happens to Juste?

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 01:32:15 PM »
In Reply To #12

I think the fact that he's a Schneider and doesn't have the "Belmont" surname that downplays the whole, "going against your family's tradition to save a vampire girl". It's kinda like, if it was a Belmont(by surname, main line), I would go, "OMG!! A Belmont forsaking his heritage?! WTF?!!!". But it's a cousin. "Ah, Schneider can do what ever the hell he wants! He's not of the main line, so he's still a bit sketchy and unpredictable!". Same for the Morris clan(who sought to save the vampire twins). It's kinda like how some families are. Daddy says, "Who cares what the hell your cousins do. They could jump off the side of the world, for all I care. YOU aren't going to do that, though!! Not MY son!".

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 01:41:13 PM »
In Reply To #12

Juste decorated a room and won an orgy with Lydie and Maxim in the end. That's fairly interesting.  :P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 01:58:08 PM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 07:50:38 AM »
Same for the Morris clan(who sought to save the vampire twins).
Not before hearing Wind's story though. Earlier both jonathan and charlotte were very eager to just kill them and almost succeeded, and I assume were it not for the whole spell thing they would, since the sisters were more less completely turned and as evil and dangerous as Brauner.

Reinhardt acted on his own without listening to others when he met and decided to save Rosa. He saw there was still some humanity in her, and even though he didn't know if he can do it, he went for it. The por heroes only decided to help once they found out that they're not fully changed yet and can be cured.

So yeah, Reinhardt beats the shit out of the likes of Jonathan multiple times. :P
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 07:56:53 AM by Serio »

Tags: