Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Amazon...and gaming?  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: February 06, 2014, 12:31:15 AM »
Yeah, the Amazon.com Amazon. They purchased Double Helix Games. My mind essploadid.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/02/05/amazon-acquires-killer-instinct-developer-double-helix-games.aspx

I wasn't aware that Amazon had talked about developing an Android console, so the news of them having anything to do with video gaming caught me off guard.

There's something...slightly delicious? about Amazon acquiring a game developer. Double Helix isn't a bad dev judging by Silent Hill: Homecoming, which was a pretty fun game. If there's enough money and clear direction, they could probably whip up some cool IPs. Perhaps, anyway; they appear to only have done licensed stuff so far.

And I'm hoping that Amazon is against microtransactions and we won't see from them the kind of garbage that Microsoft probably forced upon DH in Killer Instinct. Hell, ANYONE with money can do better than MS. (Well, except EA, but it's a given that they're the bottom-of-the-barrel shysters.)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 02:00:53 AM »
That is exciting news.

As for microtransactions, it is profitable. They might not do away with that.
I hate them too, but money talks.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 03:10:06 AM »
Amazon has my full attention. I hope they bring something worthwhile to the table.
The worst monsters are human.

Tags:

anything