Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Review of Castlevania movie script  (Read 12735 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Review of Castlevania movie script
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 12:23:41 PM »
Christopher and Simon are brothers.

Heh, what more did you expect?
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 12:24:53 PM »
I expected at the very least a whip.

Anyway, not like I was expecting anything good or worth seeing. Just figured I'd post this for anyone interested.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 12:28:18 PM »
Isn't that an outdated script though? Didn't they give that failure the boot and out Silvain White on the job? Isn't there supposed to be some new unleaked, secret script and that one that got reviewed is no longer being used?
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 12:38:39 PM »
In Reply To #1

That last paragraph sums it all up nicely

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 01:43:53 PM »
Yuck!!  Give me a break, that script is horrible.  I really hope that it's thrown out and a new one is written.  I bet Anderson hasn't even played a castlevania game.  Therefore, if that is true, there is no way that a movie would be good or even resemble the series.  Besides, the original castlevania doesn't have much to work with.  There are no cut-scenes, only continuous fighting enemies until the boss of the level and then it's the same thing on the next levels until you fight and defeat Dracula.  Then again, it provides a lot of room for the script writer to be creative.

Personally, I would prefer that one of the later games is used.  For example, SotN.  It has cut-scenes and a good story.  Sure, stuff would have to be added to make the movie a decent length and not constant battles.  This is just my opinion.  Even Castlevania 3 would make a better movie.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 01:58:55 PM »
I hope this movie is outrageously shitty enough to laugh at, like the Street Fighter movie. Otherwise, no way.

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 03:03:23 PM »
Ugh, that was disgusting. I'm really starting to wonder why people even write such crappy scripts. Shouldn't they know everyone will hate it? Castlevania movies ALWAYS suck, and taking it away from the game's storyline won't make this any better. Simon and Christopher are brothers? The Vampire Killer doesn't exist? Give up, people.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 03:27:40 PM »
I hope this movie is outrageously shitty enough to laugh at, like the Street Fighter movie. Otherwise, no way.

I rejoiced when I saw that movie for $5 (more than what it's worth, actually) and absolutely had to snatch it up. It's such a crap movie but is kind of fun to watch, and Kylie Minogue as Cammy kind of gives me a boner. Plus, they made Zangief such an oaf and I'm actually pretty amused by his added comic relief (WTF is comic relief in a movie like this anyway?), and years back during my budding stage from boyhood to teenagedom, I caught the movie on TV for the first time and masturbated furiously to Ming-Na Wen in that Chun-Li outfit.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 04:03:40 PM »
Aw, you all just don't recognize the genius of this script. Didn't you see the ending's twist? Simon Belmont is the new lord of the castle, which is currently being rebuilt in downtown New York City.

Orson Welles couldn't have done better.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 04:43:09 PM »
I think if anyone sees Paul in real life he ought to be whipped with the CV official whip.

Offline MDI

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 04:46:13 PM »
masturbated furiously to Ming-Na Wen in that Chun-Li outfit.

I need that quote engraved and framed, so I could put it above my dinner table.
:)

SniperWolf

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 05:16:04 PM »
 ;D
maybe this can help...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488982/

it seems they're using sonya belmont...
and it seems like it's in pre-production..

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 05:35:07 PM »

Whoa! If Sonia's really in it, and this chick's playing her, and they give her a whip, then the movie will still be a piece of crap, but at least there's potential to supply some very nice wank material.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 06:29:08 PM »
In Reply To #13

That is old, outdated news, it was only a rumor, and therefore not what our movie will be based upon.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Tags:

anything