Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Curse Of Darkness Vs. Lament of Innocence  (Read 28719 times)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Re: Curse Of Darkness Vs. Lament of Innocence
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 12:13:01 PM »
In Reply To #27

Yeah, I agree, LoI had a much better gothic atmosphere, while CoD had a sort of sense of adventure and a scenic route through Transyvania.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2007, 12:46:54 PM »
LoI's short length is ironically another plus.
BING BING BING! We have a winner. I think one of the major things that killed CoD was how each area was too big for it's own good. In each area, you could probably fit in 2 areas of LoI. Actually, in CoD, they SHOULD'VE fit in more areas, but cut the size down a bit. Particularly in Some of the places like Infinite Corridor and Dracula's Castle(which seemed to go on FOREVER). What they should've done was break the areas down to two or more(in Dracula's Castle's case) smaller areas, each with their own bosses. For instance, Look at Mortvia Aquaduct and Mortvia Fountain, which are basically two parts of the "Mortvia Aquaduct". You have the first leg, the suspended water channels, then you have the final leg, the aquatic ruins. There should've been a part where you'd fight a boss, or mid-boss at the end of the first part so you could pass onto the ruin area. Dracula's Castle should've been composed of MANY areas. Well, maybe not as crazy as the other games, but you could've fit 3 good areas into that final dungeon, along with more bossess(C'mon, it's Dracula's FREAKIN Castle!!) that were spread out. Easy as pie, first area of Dracula's Castle could've been the Entrance/Outer Walls(where you fight a boss), then the second area could've been the Dungeons(where you'd fight another boss), then the Upper Area/Keep(where you fight Isaac, Death, then finally, Dracula). IMO, that would've been more like CV3. CV3 had a messload of bosses. I was hoping CoD had more of a feel of CV3 than it actually did, and that let me down. SotN, it's a sequel to RoB, and it has some of the RoB feel. Some familiar backgrounds and enemy sprites. CoD to CV3, they really didn't have much returning bosses from CV3. I was hoping we'd see something like the Skull Knight or Leviathan. At the least, LoI showed Medusa as a giant floating head. That kinda took be back to CV1, since that's basically what she looked like, and the intro is kinda the same(She starts off as a giant stone bust, then comes to life). A little nostalgic.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 01:36:48 PM »
Meh. I prefer CoD. I thought Hector was a pretty nifty character.

---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 03:15:56 PM »
They're both about the same, but if you put a gun to my head, I'd say Lament of Innocence.

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2007, 08:57:13 PM »
In Reply To #34

:( ....I shake my head at you....

You should like LoI a lot more considering how close it is to Harmony of Dissonance in both elaborate music (despite the day and night comparison of its quality), and in terms of splendor in detail and gothic/baroque value of environment.

That, and both characters sported beautiful long flowing outfits.

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 02:26:14 AM »
Oh, hi, Marto.  I didn't know you were here.  I like Harmony of Dissonance, yeah, but I like other Castlevania games, too  :-X

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 01:32:14 PM »
In Reply To #35

Funny, I didn't notice any similarities between those two games except they're both titled "Castlevania".

AlucardTheEternal

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 03:05:29 PM »
COD: 10

LOI: 15

LOI came back. who will win??

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 11:58:52 AM »
In Reply To #38

If you know the way CV fans dislike CoD the way I know that, it would be pretty obvious from the beginning that Lament would win.  :)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2007, 12:30:39 PM »
In Reply To #38

If you know the way CV fans dislike CoD the way I know that, it would be pretty obvious from the beginning that Lament would win.  :)

I like Curse of Darkness....
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2007, 12:45:11 PM »
....But does Curse of Darkness like YOU?

AlucardTheEternal

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2007, 02:27:54 PM »
It was just an opinion, but then I just figured to make it into a contest. and I Like COD better

Offline Mathias Hyperion

• Vampire Hunter
  • Wanderer in time and space
    • The Forgotten Library
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2007, 02:10:17 AM »
In Reply To #41

Only in Soviet Russia.
"These are dark times. Times without hope." - Zobek

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2007, 05:34:32 AM »
In Reply To #43

LOL. BTW, I like your new sig/link to the Chapel of Resonance, Succeccor.

• Vampire Hunter
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2007, 09:47:36 AM »
In Reply To #44
Thank you.  I have a theme where I use the star background in Rondo of Blood's Stage 5 for different visual things, and Harmony of Dissonance's Sky Walkway/Chapel of Dissonance, too.  I find both of them to be pretty striking.  So, I said to myself, "Hmm, it'd probably look kind of pretty if I put them together."  It's kind of neat, because it adds a totally different feel to Harmony's Chapel.  It'd be interesting to play through an area that looks like that.

Tags: