Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Latest on CVIII Animated film  (Read 11701 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 07:16:29 PM »
Quote from: CVfan13
They better not ruin Drac's Curse with all that adult material. It just doesn't belong in Castlevania.
Sure it does. After experiencing the kid-friendliness of PoR, I'll accept anything.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 09:46:46 PM »
Adult themes belong, but going from one extremity to another, not good. No extremity is good, though, I'm hoping this won't border the EXTREME adult themes. If that's the case, they should rename it "Demon Castle Bangula/Dildovania: Curse of the Eternal Erection". Though, seeing that the heads are giving their thumbs up to the script, I doubt it will be that raunchy.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 10:07:22 PM »
Heh, maybe the CastleVania: Orchestra of Sex title I made up when I was 14 will finally be made...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 06:16:28 AM »
In Reply To #16

Oh, wait, good point. Without them, SotN's succubus couldn't exist.  :)
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 06:24:12 AM »
Sure it does. After experiencing the kid-friendliness of PoR, I'll accept anything.

kid friendlyness? I didn't feel any kid friendlyness when I played it, it was a very sad epic story. animated sure, but that shouldn't = kiddy.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 06:28:38 AM »
In Reply To #20

I agree, it was rated teen! Teens aren't kids, you know. And kids aren't teens. There was blood, some gruesome  things in some areas, and need I say it again, SUCCUBUS?? Not only that but Lilith, Alura Une, and some others.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 09:10:29 AM »
In Reply To #17

Cmon man they arent makin a fuckin american hentai flick based on CV3. Its just more adult oriented like anything else. Live action or adult oriented anime included.

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 09:34:01 AM »
That's the only thing I don't like regarding "Mature ratings". Directors and writers always seem to want to push the envelope and get the most possible out of the rating. It's like a lot with many modern horror movies. It seems like they have a checklist with things they HAVE to use because it's "mature":

- Sex scenes(God help me if there is a threesome of Trevor, Sypha and Alucard).
- Overuse of profanity(look at the Rob Zombie movies)
- Boobie flashing/Skinny Dipping
- Male butt cheeks(rarely do they go all out schlong)
- Overuse of pointless gore(if a guy gets a papercut, gushes of the red stuff squirt out like a flash flood)

Movies like Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, was perfect in mood, IMO. It was dark, serious, and sure, there was some nudity, but not anything raunchy.
Actually, there wasn't even really any nudity in VHD:B. The most nudity that there was in the whole thing was when Carmilla was coming back to life, and was covered in blood, you could see her breasts briefly. That was it.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 12:53:28 PM »
In Reply To #20

The main heroes, especially jonafag were behaving really immaturely, like kids. Not to mention the stupid happy go lucky ending, like it was saying "our viewers aren't mature enough to handle anything more grim, throw in a happy ending where everything ends fine, the incarnation of all evil is defeated by two random teenagers who save the world, then just leave it off without explaining anything".

That kind of ending (the part about incarnation of all evil being defeated by some silly teenager) is one of the main reasons por's being viewed as a childish game, not to mention the recent change in the 2d cv (anime, lack of good coherent plot or interesting protagonists) was because konami made Iga lower the series' standards to the ds demographics, which is mostly children and young teenagers, and those are satisified as long as the hero has some sort of idiotic ff like hairdo and is a whiny emo, again like in ff. And this fits jonafag perfectly. :o
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 12:58:49 PM by Serio »

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Wolfman
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Latest on CVIII Animated film
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 02:04:40 PM »
In Reply To #24

If you have no problem with Maria's level of power in Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night, why do you have so much trouble believing that Jonathan and Charlotte could defeat Dracula, who wasn't event at his full power?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 08:06:19 PM by Wolfman Jake »

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 04:02:35 PM »
In Reply To #25

Cause Maria is awesome (and hot) and Jonathin is a boring cliche hero.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 04:56:54 PM »
In Reply To #25
Because he's one of the worst protagonists that were put into cv. I could never even try to identify myself with such a pathetic protagonist.

Sure, I don't like Maria either, but her mode's not how the game really ends, but Richter's. She's just an extra, sotn shows her role was that of a support for Richter.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 09:30:02 AM »
In Reply To #20
Yes, kid friendly. IGA himself stated that the DS games were designed to appeal to a younger audience. Add to that the colorful and somewhat nauseating graphics, lame catchphrases and dialogue (come on, can you really picture the grim reaper saying "LETS FIGHT 4 REAL"), and lackluster plot, you got yourself a game that any 10 year old can play.
I'm glad this animated feature won't involve any of these aspects.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 10:45:40 AM »
In Reply To #20

The main heroes, especially jonafag were behaving really immaturely, like kids.

Uh he and Charlotte were kids, and he was just a happy go lucky guy, it seems like you have more of a problem with his overall personality. Shoot I know people my age who still act like that. And when I first played it, I never paid much attention to the cutscenes the game itself is pretty mature, I can't picture little kids playing it. I could picture little kids playing Rondo before PoR.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 12:36:42 PM »
There's nothing wrong with happy-go-lucky, if this was any old JRPG, of course. But considreing the time it took place in, WWII, why was Jonathan that happy-go-lucky? Hell, why wasn't he drafted into the army?  ;D

As far as sex and nudity is concerned, I just hope it isn't pointless. For pointless sex and nudity, just read the "Castlevania: The Belmont Legacy" comic. Cheap thrills. Not to mention one of the stupidest lines ever associated with CV, Dracula after being resurrected, and is fully nude, raises his hand to the sky and says, "BELMONT! You're MINE!!!". WTF?!! Somehow, I kinda think the writer originally wantd to write, "BELMONT! You're ass is MINE, biyotch!!", though he shortened it.

Tags:

anything