Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 455165 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2015, 12:34:56 AM »
The new topic is up: Dracula's Remains.

Also, there is a fair bit of fanfiction in it this time, because a new element is introduced. This element is my invention, but can't be fully explained yet.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2015, 01:03:13 AM »
It's good to see Drolta having plans other than "'sup?".

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2015, 05:31:20 PM »
Soon, the next topic will be up. This one will be quite heavy on the fanfiction, but will start to connect things up. It'll deal with Nostradamus' prediction.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2015, 03:13:07 PM »
Soon, the next topic will be up. This one will be quite heavy on the fanfiction, but will start to connect things up. It'll deal with Nostradamus' prediction.

You mean the Antichrist?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2015, 12:11:07 AM »
You mean the Antichrist?

Nostradamus' predictions of the final Antichrist doesn't have anything to do with Dracula as far as I'm aware of. It is never mentioned in-game nor is any connection made. This is the prophecy for the antichrist. Just one of many;

"Out of the country of greater Arabia
Shall be born a strong master of Muhammad
He will enter Europe wearing a blue turban
He will be the terror of mankind..."

Dracula doesn't arise from the Middle East, nor does he wear a blue turban. Instead he arises from Romania; his homeland. Also Dracula doesn't bring about third world war as does the third antichrist. Instead Dracula ushers in the Demon Castle War. WW III involves the entire world and is fought globally with chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, and lasts for 27 years straight. The DCW is relegated to Romania and Dracula's castle itself, and does not last for even a fraction of the time as does the antichrist's war.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2015, 11:29:28 AM »
You mean the Antichrist?

Nope, the Great King of Terror prophecy. Also, what X said:

Nostradamus' predictions of the final Antichrist doesn't have anything to do with Dracula as far as I'm aware of. It is never mentioned in-game nor is any connection made. This is the prophecy for the antichrist. Just one of many;

"Out of the country of greater Arabia
Shall be born a strong master of Muhammad
He will enter Europe wearing a blue turban
He will be the terror of mankind..."

Dracula doesn't arise from the Middle East, nor does he wear a blue turban. Instead he arises from Romania; his homeland. Also Dracula doesn't bring about third world war as does the third antichrist. Instead Dracula ushers in the Demon Castle War. WW III involves the entire world and is fought globally with chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, and lasts for 27 years straight. The DCW is relegated to Romania and Dracula's castle itself, and does not last for even a fraction of the time as does the antichrist's war.

Just to make it clear, there IS a King of Terror prophecy, in case you dudes are not aware (which I'm fairly certain you ARE aware). I'm just giving the whole thing a shake-up before posting about it.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2015, 07:00:52 PM »
New topic is up, and it deals with Nostradamus' prediction and a lot more things.

This is HEAVY on the fanfiction, so you are warned. Also, if anyone wishes to PM me to know something I have not explained, feel free.

Some things may not make much sense yet, but I assure, again, that they all will play their role on the final story. What I'm building here is the grounds to write it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:06:20 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2015, 12:40:38 AM »
Very interesting, as always. I like how you reconnected real characters within the CV timeline. Even if it's more fanfiction-heavy, it still makes perfect sense so far. :)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2015, 11:36:18 AM »
Very interesting, as always. I like how you reconnected real characters within the CV timeline. Even if it's more fanfiction-heavy, it still makes perfect sense so far. :)

Thanks!

I imagine who'll be the first to figure out Nostradamus' secrets before I spill the beans :rollseyes:

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2015, 10:56:07 PM »
You've got a lot done theplottwist  :)  Just don't let your Frankenstein monster get out of control as IGA allowed his to, lol. Now get to it  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2015, 11:07:36 PM »
You've got a lot done theplottwist  :)  Just don't let your Frankenstein monster get out of control as IGA allowed his to, lol. Now get to it  ;)

Gotcha, man :)

in fact, the story of the main event itself will be much smaller than the background I'm building. But I can't introduce certain elements in the story without building the background first. Nostradamus' mystery bit, for instance, will be quite short on the main event itself, but for it to make sense, I do need the wall-o-texts.

If it becomes a game, most of these wall of texts will be included in it in shortened formats as a "Library" for the story.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2015, 11:21:57 PM »
For the next topic I have two subjects I can post in any order. What do you want to see?:

Mystery character's origins or Julius Belmont's origins?

The mystery character is the one called ? ? ? ? ?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2015, 01:55:27 AM »
I'm voting for Julius.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2015, 02:35:06 AM »
Voting for Julius too.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2015, 05:00:20 AM »
Go for Julius! :)

Tags: 1999 Awes