Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror Of Fate HD  (Read 89440 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror Of Fate HD
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 09:30:11 AM »
if people knew the truth....

This game has finished one year, only three weeks tweaked it to suit steam .. (also got some visual enhancements and increased somewhat the polygons))

https://twitter.com/CastlevaniaLOS/status/387875908347891712/photo/1

At least this time they had the decency to confirm before people buy consoles editing is something that everyone knew and had been very ill again.
Haha that's great. We love you, Bergaron.

I kinda understand why they are delaying it on PC, this being a 2D game is faaaaar easier to pirate than the big 3D one (much much lesser specs, and you know how butterly smooth LoS1 already ran)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:32:47 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 12:48:50 PM »
They are re-releasing this game?  Hopefully it doesn't suck big fat donkey balls anymore.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 10:25:46 AM »
Doubtful. If you didn't like the game play then you still won't since it sounds like they only upgraded the graphics a bit.
"Stuff and things."

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 11:26:19 AM »
So are you saying there's not much of a difference between the 3DS version and the PC/Console version? Or that there isn't much difference between the PC and the console version?

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 11:59:06 AM »
This topic has popped up in two threads already.

Here's to put matters to rest:
This HD re-release is exactly what it claims to be: a high-definition port to consoles, and nothing else. If Mirror of Fate wasn't good on the 3DS (which it most definitely wasn't), than it certainly won't be any better on a home console.
However, if by some miracle you did manage to find some enjoyment in it, than you might find it interesting to see it graphically enhanced, on a big screen.

Speaking of re-releases: the Lords of Shadow collection is finally arriving! For those of you looking to own everything LoS, it features the original Lords of Shadow, along with the Reverie and Resurrection DLC packs, the enhanced Mirror of Fate HD, and, best of all, the... demo for the upcoming Lords of Shadow 2.  :-X
Well. So it's yet another share of pointless, money-grabbing bundleware, after all...
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 01:13:34 PM »
So are you saying there's not much of a difference between the 3DS version and the PC/Console version? Or that there isn't much difference between the PC and the console version?
Cox said they rebalanced stuff... but I don't know if I can believe him.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 03:49:50 PM »
+1
what's there not to believe? that's just simple gameplay tweaks. I think people are taking it a bit too far with the "COX LIES ABOUT EVERYTHING NO EXCEPTIONS"

he lies in 2 circumstances.

1. when LoS was just trailers, to try and hide that gabe becomes Dracula, and play it like Dracula was the antagonist

2. when someone guesses some story plot point right, and he wants to try and deny it

there IS the matter of QTE's he said wouldn't be in the game, but i'm really wondering the story there. Could have been corporate meddling.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 04:28:49 PM »
I think people are taking it a bit too far with the "COX LIES ABOUT EVERYTHING NO EXCEPTIONS"
IMO the distrust here is still on a somewhat understandable level. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me," remember? People are accusing him of crying wolf because they want to be on the safe side.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 04:41:31 PM »
+2
IMO the distrust here is still on a somewhat understandable level. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me," remember? People are accusing him of crying wolf because they want to be on the safe side.
It is understandable. How to you gain trust from another person? You be honest with them. When you start to lie, naturally, red flags start going up and people loose trust and faith in those who lie to them. Again, it's just as simple as being honest. That, and there's always the "no comment" answer, which I don't know if Cox realizes it's an option. He could've just not commented on everything he lied about and it wouldn't have soured people's faith in his word. Oddly enough, in the more recent years game developers and publishers just can't seem to "plead the 5th" regarding this(not literally, but the saying). Some feel compelled to give an answer, even if it's deceptive. In cases like this, not to sound harsh, but just shut the fuck up. It will save you from a lot of problems you might otherwise get yourself into. Not to mention it's easy as hell to do. 

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 01:17:23 PM »
You know, I started up a new game of Mirror of Fate today, for the first time since I beat it, and I really enjoyed it.  It's certainly not brilliant, and not as good a game as Lords of Shadow (although Mirror of Fate is a much better Castlevania than LoS, in my opinion), but it's got plenty of good points going for it.  The atmosphere is pretty good, and the level design is solid.  The creature designs are quite good.  The combat could be better, and the soundtrack could use a lot more melody, but I think those are probably the worst points.  I think what I like most is that it's a sidescrolling Metroidvaniaish, but it feels like a refreshing change of direction from DoS/PoR/OoE.

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2013, 06:38:26 PM »
Despite not liking the demos for both LoS and MoF. I will be grabbing the collection for PS3. It's priced at $40, so I'm guessing MoF HD will be $20. It would be $15 though if Konami were a reasonable company; there's no way in hell it is $10.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »
+3
Why would you throw money at something you didn't like the demos of? This is why companies keep doing stuff that piss off the fans. Fans should not support games they don't like just because it's part of the series. You don't get much of anything in return for blind loyalty except more of what you don't like. If you want to give those games another chance why not just rent or borrow them from someone before investing money into something you initially didn't care for?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 12:57:35 AM »
+2
Why would you throw money at something you didn't like the demos of? This is why companies keep doing stuff that piss off the fans. Fans should not support games they don't like just because it's part of the series. You don't get much of anything in return for blind loyalty except more of what you don't like. If you want to give those games another chance why not just rent or borrow them from someone before investing money into something you initially didn't care for?

Word.

Some people should learn to let their blind love for a franchise go when things speed towards the wrong direction.

Offline Thy Gory Rory

• Hunter in Training
  • ...I'm holding my sausage hostage!
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 05:00:34 PM »
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/10/09/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-collection-price-raised-release-date-delayed-until-november/

So, let's see... yeah, the price is $40 (was listed on Amazon for only $29.99 for a long while). The DLC set of "Reverie" and "Resurrection" are only downloadable code vouchers (not actually on the disc). Mirror of Fate HD looks to be only $15 on it's own as a separate downloadable game if you just want that and not pay for this compilation.

I was kinda torn because I already own the original limited edition of Lords of Shadow and actually bought both DLC parts back when they came out... Now I guess with what you get (if you essentially already have everything) you might as well just pay 15 bucks for Mirror of Fate.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 06:05:32 AM »
$15? I`m happy with it.... I thought it was going to be $20... If i can gladly pay $20 for Ico and $20 more for SOTC ofc i`ll pay $15 for my fav franshise...

Tags: