Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1045601 times)

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2266 on: August 19, 2015, 11:13:29 PM »
+1
If not Hayter, then Belgrade?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2267 on: August 20, 2015, 12:32:17 AM »
If not Hayter, then Belgrade?

Possibly, but the only reason I find this unlikely is because the campaign page says Belgrade is making a cameo appearance. Zangetsu (that is his name, right?) seems to be playing a larger role in the plot, and even if it is a small role, it certainly isn't a cameo.

Also, the update says we can up our pledges for more backer rewards despite the campaign being over. Really considering moving up a tier or two...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:34:31 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2268 on: August 25, 2015, 05:13:16 PM »
i havent pledged a single penny :[ did i miss the boat? or is there still a life rafter i can grab ahold of

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2269 on: August 25, 2015, 09:01:37 PM »
You can always get it when it comes out :D I think they're also doing a slacker backer type thing, I can see if they let new people on board, or if it only lets backers change their amounts.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2270 on: August 29, 2015, 11:51:56 PM »
YES FOLKS NEW PAX PRIME INFO:

A lot of the panel was going into what it took to run this campaign and make it an actual success. I transcribed most of the key points below:

Before the Campaign

Miriam was Frakenstien/Golem/Homonculous type creature > moved to a Human but Cursed character to make it easier to relate to her
    Miriam was more "sexy" to show off skin for the Crystal Curse > moved to more moderate design as seen
    Game was a globetrotting event (in part because ti was a more publisher friendly model to add DLC) > moved to Castle (for the fans)
    Success of Mighty No. 9 helped Ben convince Iga to jump Konami ship
    Went to all sorts of publishers for a year > got the runaround
    Kickstarter model works for games that appeal to small but rabid fanbases
    Were worried that 2014 was a down year for Kickstarter

Campaign Tips

Try/consider weird stuff, but don't get attached to anything
    Stuff for campaigns should make things better for the backers
    All sides have to work together to make enticing but realistic stretch
    Plan MONTHS ahead
    Make meaningful updates
    Respect the backers – fans take curs from you
    Help build the fandom (something in place for the game to launch into)
    Talk to fans, make them feel appreciated and happy

Sword vs Whip

Came about as a teaser
    Ended up being key in getting feedback to adjust campaign before it even launched.
    Discussion that followed was watched & influenced stretch goals and manner in which campaign was written.

The Campaign Launches!

30 “FUNDED!” images made for each day of campaign, were stunned things went so well
    They all made bets on total money at the end, EVERYBODY lowballed
    Inticreates put in a lot of time & effort into the campaign (before and during), Main artist ran ragged
    Mad meetings to make strong but realistic stretch goals

Customize!

“Customize” system for Bloodstained announced (see art posted already), may influence stats as well
    More creative collaborations in game are teased, especially with regards to the Customize system (note that the bottom right outfit in the art is a Gunvolt reference)

Future of Kickstarter

Shout out to FIG
    More Publisher backed Kickstarters are coming........
    Konami licensing out some of its IPs out to others?

A new "Ask IGA" is also coming soon to make up for the fact the Q&A session was cut short

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044304&page=228

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2271 on: August 30, 2015, 08:54:40 AM »
thanks for that super handy summary.  i love the idea of building up the fandom and then "launching into" it.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2272 on: August 30, 2015, 09:05:41 AM »
The Bloodstained kickstarter probably had the best campaign I have ever seen. It should win some kind of award. They just did EVERYTHING right, and it paid off. It was really obvious that something like the failed RedAsh kickstarter had no clear direction or plan. It was a vague mess. Bloodstained on the other was both clever, involving and interactive, and the stretch goals made sense and felt satisfying.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2273 on: August 30, 2015, 10:12:37 AM »
The Bloodstained kickstarter probably had the best campaign I have ever seen. It should win some kind of award. They just did EVERYTHING right, and it paid off. It was really obvious that something like the failed RedAsh kickstarter had no clear direction or plan. It was a vague mess. Bloodstained on the other was both clever, involving and interactive, and the stretch goals made sense and felt satisfying.

This exactly!  It's felt that they've listened to us the fans the whole time, seeing what sort of things we want, and then coming up with really good ideas.  The positive, engaging attitude and openness has, I'm very willing to bet, only helped boost it even further.  I agree, it definitely needs an award.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #2274 on: August 30, 2015, 11:24:25 AM »
I have not even slightly lost any of my excitement about this game.  If anything, I think it's grown!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2275 on: August 31, 2015, 02:36:31 AM »
I haven't really paid much attention to other KS projects to judge, but I have to agree that this one felt perfect. They've definitely earned every bit of success they'll get with this. I'm really hoping IGA surprises us all, particularly with a generous budget this time around.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2276 on: August 31, 2015, 03:01:16 AM »
This exactly!  It's felt that they've listened to us the fans the whole time, seeing what sort of things we want, and then coming up with really good ideas.  The positive, engaging attitude and openness has, I'm very willing to bet, only helped boost it even further.  I agree, it definitely needs an award.

Yes, I believe they mentioned that during the panel. They really paid attention to what the fans wanted, I think the whole 'game set in a castle,' for instance, was decided on because that's what they heard people on twitter clamor for. It sure paid off :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #2277 on: August 31, 2015, 02:29:03 PM »
That was hilarious to watch too...so shamelessly using them to win their Bingo game! X-D

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #2278 on: September 05, 2015, 03:08:53 PM »
+3
If there will be sequels, I hope it takes place in other locations as well instead of just a Castle. Koji Igarashi has done well to make a "Castlevania" game for his Grand Comeback but as fans, lets not pressure him to make another game that involves Castles. This is not a Castlevania game. I hope to see what else he can do for the sequel. Igarashi to me is the Father of the Metroidvania genre and I want to see what else he can do with it. I want more locations for the sequel.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2279 on: September 05, 2015, 11:21:37 PM »
Tell that to the folks of Bloodstained. I'm sure they'll listen. :)

Tags: