Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: castlevania fighting game. this time for real  (Read 16290 times)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
castlevania fighting game. this time for real
« on: September 19, 2008, 06:30:11 AM »
it's here.

get the game from http://serio.piiym-net.com/CVBla/
report bugs on http://serio.piiym-net.com/CVBla/txtboard/index.html

remember to get the patch file too.

In case the music is skipping, you will have to change the hardware acceleration for the sound to minimum or off. It may prevent some crashes too. The engine's DirectSound implementation is very poor, so this has to be done as a workaround until I find a more reliable sound plugin. Winamp plugins only.

If it gets too notorious, delete mus00.nou to remove some of the music. It will fix some crashing. The game may randomly crash/freeze. I have no real idea what causes it right now. Selecting the game mode on the main screen using the Q key will also crash the game, that's an engine error. If the game crashes as soon as you start it it may be due to damaged sound or video drivers. Perhaps try reinstalling those, or get a new copy of DirectX drivers.

Select all of the modes using player 1's controls, player 2's will cause the game to glitch, but they work fine once in game.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 12:05:19 AM by This is the displayed name that people will see. »

Offline adam

• I like Castlevania sometimes...
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: castlevania fighting game. this time for real
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 07:04:16 AM »
Yay! I can't wait to play.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 07:22:18 AM »
oh, if you can't open it, it's 7zipped.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 07:23:35 AM »
In Reply To #3

I can't play it right now 'cuz I'm at work, but I can't wait to try out a more robust demo than the one I used to test with.  I'll do so at home tonight or tomorrow.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 07:41:28 AM »
oh yeah.

http://serio.piiym-net.com/CVBla/leech/patch00.nou

put this in the same folder as the game. it'll reduce dracula's life to half of what it was, making it more fair. i forgot to fix that, so his second form had absurd amounts of life. :\

Offline adam

• I like Castlevania sometimes...
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 07:55:01 AM »
this is so awesome! I played through with chronicles simon. So this game is amazing.. Was it very hard to learn to program this type of gamepley for mugen?

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 06:48:11 PM »
It's pretty cool.  I tried Alucard and Hugh.  Maybe it's just me but it seems Hugh kind of  ... sucks.  His range really blows and his moves lag like crazy.  He doesn't seem to have any invincibility while charging his moves and gets hit out of them easily.

You can add my character if you'd like, hehe.  I just can't remember if she required any more moves ...

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 07:10:19 PM »
the flame explosion gives him super armor (takes hits but can't be hit out of it). dash across the screen once active gives him total invincibility.

but yeah, his weapon range is crap, worse than even alucard's. not as bad as carrie's second weapon who i have yet to finish. i have to make some new animation for hugh's regular sword attack i suppose.

as for the character, i think i have most of the sprites. i still need death anim (it can be anything really, but since recently i've been adding characters who have simon like death anims, so those would be great), more hurt frames for crouching and air states, a hold up anim and perhaps a victory pose. if she's supposed to be using subweapons, i'll need a standing and aerial animations for her throwing them. perhaps an aerial version of the whip as well, maybe even crouching. not sure how was it supposed to be activated.

at least that's what i can come up with for now.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 08:52:00 PM by Serio »

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 10:07:49 PM »
I don't mind Alucard.

Offline impulse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 06:46:24 AM »
So I tried it out. Pretty need, especially Drac's teleportation, reminds me of bloodlines.

One issue though, axe armour is pretty overpowered imo. He can beat most characters simply be wailing on them if you just ignore the opponents attacks.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 09:32:23 AM »
yeah, the game's just a beta, so it needs much more rebalancing. i released it like it is because of the deadline i imposed on myself, otherwise the game could've been delayed forever like some other fangames. :o

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 02:06:29 AM »
I haven't been around the dungeon for quite a while now due certain circumstances, imagine my suprise when I see this drifting around
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 03:31:05 AM by Donvermicelli »

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 08:37:07 AM »
i play my mugen on a tv, witha  xbox 360 controller, altho i've been waiting to see how this project's come along
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 10:10:04 AM »
Awesome game dude, I been checking it out.

The animation is kinda choppy on my computer....the animation and sound keeps skipping?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 11:51:21 AM by Jago »

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 11:17:01 AM »
Alucard's double backslash seems hard to do for just a d,f+x move....it's like if it happens it was from luck....characters like Richter with d,f+x attacks like the roundhouse kick I can do easily however.  =/
typo. the command is actually f,f+x

How do I play as SCV4 Simon?  On the site it says he's an available character in the demo but I only see Chronicles Simon.
hold start while selecting. it also works for richter.

Tags:

anything