Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2410213 times)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I still wanna play Akumajo Dracula The Arcade

Castlevania Akumajou Dracula The Arcade

In-diddly-deed. After playing that, I could form an opinion on whether or not they should ever do FPS.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
But when they did it right, they did it really good.
like 20 years ago

Konami studios are terrible, which is sad, as they had some of the best, but the heads got out or are in mobile games.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:20:09 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
They're gonna show the demo on Gametrailers in a few minutes.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Looks ok, they showed very little, just the tutorial on the throne room and a little of the gold paladin fight. I don't like the "QTE" to drink blood.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
They cut off right when I was getting into it.  >:(

Anyway it did look like Lords of Shadow 1, the camera control didn't look too bad and platforming looks a bit faster than it did before.  Not surprise the QTE's still remained and the hint's are still there, thankfully hints will be optional on normal difficulties.

Still wanna see how "open" the areas are.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:00:55 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
After playing the Bioshock series, I would be OK with a Castlevania FPW (first person whipper  :P). As long as there's CV signature music in the game.
The first person perspective is very immersive, and that would suit CV really well.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - E3 2013: World Premiere Demo

going  to  update the facts page as well.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:42:32 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

Not like the blood-suck QTE but well they said would be less QTE, and to suck blood .... in short, I can understand. He has mentioned that there would be exploration and many secrets ... is Dave Cox.. I prefer to see it to believe it. I do not think the map is big because with that graphic quality not think it's bigger than the mapping of Arkam City.

"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards

Not like the blood-suck QTE but well they said would be less QTE, and to suck blood .... in short, I can understand. He has mentioned that there would be exploration and many secrets ... is Dave Cox.. I prefer to see it to believe it. I do not think the map is big because with that graphic quality not think it's bigger than the mapping of Arkam City.

no  problem but I found did find a better version. straight from gt themselves.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
"Having an open world environment in a Castlevania game is something that's never been done before"

Cox, what the hell have you been smokin'?
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
The "What is a man line..." is in... cheesy as fuck.

Dracula's doing parkour... hnnnnnngh

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards

- Castle looks cool and large.
- Battles seem quicker(each of those knights go down with few hits).
- Boss battle looks cool.
- "What is a man...."

What I don't like:
- FUCKIN QTE!!!!!!!
- My prediction of fall damage might just be true, as the crappy "grab" rings seem to be placed strategically so you don't fall a great distance as you go back to the ground.
- Monkey Bar swinging isn't what I'd call "platforming".

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Haha, that line came right the fuck out of nowhere, Gabe.

I LOVE the scene before he fights the knights in his throne room though, with the goblet.

I think when he says open world has never been done, I THINK he means more long the lines of Arkham City style open world. He might be referring to that. or 3D open world in general, which really HASN'T been done before in CV.

While I'm not fond of QTE's returning, I like the new graphic for the rings, looks snazzy. The grabbable ledges are much less obtrusive and obvious as the big yellow glow. Void Sword looks cool, the Gauntlets are neat too, (Dracula? Basically fighting with his bare hands? FUCK YEAH) I like that he basically has all the moves he has when you fight him in MoF. I love the continuity there.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:56:55 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
why does the word "void" remind me of final fantasy?

On the plus side no glowing ledges anymore..... unless you want them  :P
(click to show/hide)