Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Will March 19 'Supermoon' Trigger Natural Disasters?  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
Will March 19 'Supermoon' Trigger Natural Disasters?
« on: March 10, 2011, 06:48:12 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20110310/sc_space/willmarch19supermoontriggernaturaldisasters

OMG NO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!  :o :o :o

No, not really, it probably wont happen.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Will March 19 'Supermoon' Trigger Natural Disasters?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 10:06:32 PM »
If it happened 18 years ago then chances are we won't notice much. At least I didn't anyway.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 12:27:50 PM »
+1
I'm pretty sure the moon being full isn't going to make a difference if the moon isn't any closer than last time. We call that a shadow, not a lack of actual moon. That article made it out like that would somehow lead to more danger. lol
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 12:30:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure the moon being full isn't going to make a difference if the moon isn't any closer than last time. We call that a shadow, not a lack of actual moon. That article made it out like that would somehow lead to more danger in the beginning. lol
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 03:07:58 PM »
+1
Well, let's think about this for a moment.  Supermoon obviously will lead to super werewolves, so yes, there will be problems, difficulties, issues if you will.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Grim_Creeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 03:42:10 PM »
Theres a small chance some form of tide related water disaster could happen. But thats all I realistically see as possible. I'm not one of those new age people that thinks the worlds going to physically end in 2012 and I tend to think of those people as, in a word, morons.
Nani?! An animu site with no hentai? Blaaasphemy!
Burn the witch in the name of LoL!

-Lulzy Lulzerton Esq, wizard of ounces

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 05:58:37 PM »
I'm not one of those new age people that thinks the worlds going to physically end in 2012 and I tend to think of those people as, in a word, morons.

I think they're morons too  :) But they aren't anywhere near to being 'new-age' spiritualists. They're more n' less 'old-age' religious peoples who were taught to be afraid and that only through their divined devotion to their faiths, that they will be saved while everyone else is doomed. Pfft!! Many of us have way more common sense then that. 'New-age' spirituality is in essence going back to the old spiritual beliefs that were shunned and drowned out by the church as being blasphemous and sinful.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything