Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kowabunga!  (Read 4625 times)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:31:50 AM »
In Reply To #1

I didnt even realize there was a turtles in time game the first time around... shitty movie yes... game no

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 11:40:59 AM »
In Reply To #1

I didnt even realize there was a turtles in time game the first time around... shitty movie yes... game no

The Turtles in Time game isn't based on the third movie. It came out for the SNES, so if you get the chance you should check it out. It's awesome
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 11:48:43 AM »

And if there's any indication to how awesome this game is, it's the soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebfAo8utaoM&feature=PlayList&p=036CB173343A4154&index=5
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 04:58:57 PM »
Best TMNT period.

Holy Cross is best Item Crash.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 12:45:08 AM »
Deffinetly a good game. it took the elements from TMNT 3 the Manhattan project and uped them quite a notch. On top of that it was an interesting plot. The fifth game for the Genesis ie 'The hyperstone incident' was just turtles in time with some slight differences in already seen stages. Eventhough they added some new levels and the character Tatsu, it just felt cheaply done. There is an arcade version of turtles in time but it doesn't have as many stages as the SNES version and no super shredder transformation battle at the end.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Kowabunga!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 04:27:29 AM »
I'm stoked as hell for this. The TMNT are just one of those things I'll always love no matter how out of style they get. Turtles In Time blew my mind when I first played it in the arcades.  It's hard for the younger audience who started with a Playstation or a N64 to understand, but there was a time when "IT LOOKS JUST LIKE THE CARTOON!" was the height of praise.

The build that they have playable at the TMNT25 Tour is said to just be an Alpha, so it's still a ways off but I can't wait. Bionic Commando Rearmed showed what a good remake can do.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »
I hope they don't screw this classic up :\

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 06:54:51 AM »
In Reply To #8

I know, me too. But imagine an actual combo system instead of smashing one button forever. I think that alone would improve an already fantastic game ten-fold.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 10:29:16 PM »
In Reply To #4

I loved the music for this one. My favorite had to be the Wild West stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxNOs01W-64

Loved how they used "Pizza Power" during the ending credits. Anybody else remember when they went through that whole "concert" thing in 1990? I remember they had a Pizza Hut tie-in, and you'd get a tape of all their songs if you ordered a special.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 11:18:12 AM »
In Reply To #10

I believe the tune was titled "Bury my shell at wounded knee". My most favorite tune in the game was the sewer surfing stage.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dr. Mario

• A PC
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 04:16:55 PM »
Man OI hope they actually do develop a version of this for WiiWare, that would be pretty awesome. I would definitely get it. To me, this is one of the most epic arcade beat-em-ups of the era. It ranks right up there with Captain Commando with me.
-------------------
I'm a PC and I like cheeseburgers. Sometimes more than one.

Tags: