Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Metal Gear Solid/Zone of the Enders HD Collections  (Read 3450 times)

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Metal Gear Solid/Zone of the Enders HD Collections
« on: June 22, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »
Konami announced this for E3 and I am pretty excited for both. The collections will include the following:
MGS Collection:
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Z.O.E. Collection:
Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
I am mostly excited for the MGS HD collection because it will include Peace Walker, the game I never got to play plus I will get to play my 2 favorite Metal Gear games of all time. However I am more excited, but at the same time worried about the Zone of the Enders collection. Z.O.E. is probably my favorite franchise to come outta the mind of Kojima ever and while I am excited for the release, I can't help but be worried about how the critics and the gamers who never played these games will take it. The first game didn't age well and the second one is very good but one game means that the critics might call the collection half baked or something, which could effect sales. Well if it does end up selling well, I'll cross my fingers for a Z.O.E. 3.....a guy can dream can't he?
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Metal Gear Solid/Zone of the Enders HD Collections
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 09:48:56 PM »
I hope ZoE1 has a demo for MGS2HD.

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 11:30:11 PM »
I'm very excited and will be buying these both for the 360. I have the Metal Gear Essentials Collection for PS2 and never got around to finishing MG3. I think I might just wait for this to do so. I'm very excited to play the Z.O.E. games for the first time too. Out of the 70 some PS2 games I have I never got around to getting these but always thought they looked very cool. My problem is with neither of these but... What the fuck, they are only putting the Silent Hill Collection on PS3. I was honestly more excited for that one than either of these. I like scary games. If anything it'd make more sense to keep the others PS3 exclusives. After all those were ps2 only games. Silent Hill 2 and 3 were both on Xbox. So I'm hoping they will change their mind later on. In any case. I know we're on a CVania forum. Konami is putting out these HD collections and with this CV 25th coming, where the hell is our Castlevania collection? I sometimes wish I was just a gamer who didn't care about old stuff and HD remakes and just liked the newest hottest stuff like most people...

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:37:35 PM »
no mgs twin snakes. phooey.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 06:19:16 AM »
no mgs twin snakes. phooey.

This.

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 04:59:27 PM »
Good point, that would of been a perfect fit. I suppose Nintendo must have the rights.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 06:38:38 PM »
well silicon knights...

but the most important question is
when is the release date for all of them?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 08:54:59 PM »
I think what they should've done was take Metal Gear Solid 3: Substance (it has a workable camera like MGS4 and not a fixed camera like Snake Eater), Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (with the extras) and Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker. Then they could title it Metal Gear Solid: The Big Boss Legacy. And for the extras they would also have the two MSX Metal Gear games translated. They had that for MGS substance on the second disc.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 11:33:23 PM »
I would figure they will have the improved versions of the games for these. Such as Substance for 2 and Subsistance for 3.

Tags:

anything