Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nevermind the Apocalypse: Earliest Mayan Calendar Found  (Read 2736 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
Nevermind the Apocalypse: Earliest Mayan Calendar Found
« on: May 10, 2012, 09:13:50 PM »
+1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47375421?ocid=ansmsnbcrel1#.T6yRglK2U25

We are saved!  Party on the dungeon on Dec. 21st!  8)

Jorge can bring the drinks! :P

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Nevermind the Apocalypse: Earliest Mayan Calendar Found
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:31:01 PM »
Was anyone ever worried anyway? I sure as hell wasn't.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:32:24 PM »
I wasn't, I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't happen.  8)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »
There's a short story by Isaac Asimov called "The Last Question". Beautiful philosophic piece. Any of you concerned about the end of the world should read it.  :P
http://filer.case.edu/dts8/thelastq.htm
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 12:04:30 AM »
+1
I've always had the feeling that the world wasn't going to end and now we have concrete proof. Much to the dismay of the Vatican I'm sure. And the world better not end cause my birthday is seven days after the 21st of Dec. If I'm gonna die then the world can blood-well wait till I've got my gifts!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 10:01:01 AM »
I'm disappointed :( I wanted to become one with the aliens who were supposed to arrive on 2012. Ah well...I suppose we're not really out of the woods yet. Let's just wait for Dec. 21 to roll around..............

....................................... ............

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 03:32:10 PM »
+1
No one with a half a brain ever even suggested the end of the current cycle had anything at all with the end of the world.
Only people looking to make money with books and tv specials ever suggested anything of the sort. And most importantly, nothing the Maya left behind has ever been found to suggest any kind of world destruction to begin with. -_-
"Stuff and things."

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 06:43:06 AM »
+1
Hard to believe some people were actually worried about the end of the world coming just because some old-ass calendar ended this year.
I hope stops at least some of the shows about the apocalypse and aliens coming to reclaim the planet and other shit. I can't even watch History Channel anymore.   

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 07:27:22 AM »
lol, the South Park episode about the History channel was spot-on.

History channel... It's all about history! Sort of.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: