Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dear Hollywood, please stop remaking 80's movies.  (Read 3797 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Dear Hollywood, please stop remaking 80's movies.
« on: September 13, 2013, 08:51:47 AM »
Total Recall, Judge Dredd, The Evil Dead, Conan the Barbarian, A nightmare on Elm street, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Now this:

RoboCop - Official Trailer (2014) [HD] Samuel L. Jackon, Gary Oldman

Oh yeah friggin' nerds be all like "OMG they remaking Robocop OMG"
And then the friggin' real nerds be like "Fc*k this it's never gonna be like the original they just gonna screw it up like they always do."

But none of the nerds get the point. 80's action, sci-fi and horror movies were successful ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE MADE IN THE FRIGGIN 80'S. All the craze for movies in those genre in the 80's made people disregard the fact most of them were awful movies with awful storylines.  Most of those films, if watched today, wouldn't give you anything more than a feeling of nostalgia. Today they seems like bloody jokes. THEY SUCK. Okay, so there were some rare gems like Blade Runner or Alien, but then you'd have movies like The Running Man and Cyborg which were only made because action and sci-fi were THE SHIT back in the 80's.

Enough, Hollywood. Stop making advantage of people's nostalgia and let those atrocities of the 80's die in peace.
Make something original.
MAKE SOMETHING ORIGINALLLLLLLLL
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:53:57 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Re: Dear Hollywood, please stop remaking 80's movies.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 09:41:20 AM »
We'll see Robocop apparel at Hot Topic and on ThinkGeek in no time.
(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 11:47:09 AM »
Hollywood can't really make anything original nowadays. Their tree of knowledge dried up nearly a decade ago.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »
And they aren't even good remakes...
Also, please stop rebooting everything.

The last couple years have been very weak when it comes to movies, and because of that, my interest have been slowly decreasing...
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 02:06:27 PM »
Total Recall, Judge Dredd, The Evil Dead, Conan the Barbarian, A nightmare on Elm street, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Now this:

RoboCop - Official Trailer (2014) [HD] Samuel L. Jackon, Gary Oldman

Oh yeah friggin' nerds be all like "OMG they remaking Robocop OMG"
And then the friggin' real nerds be like "Fc*k this it's never gonna be like the original they just gonna screw it up like they always do."

But none of the nerds get the point. 80's action, sci-fi and horror movies were successful ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE MADE IN THE FRIGGIN 80'S. All the craze for movies in those genre in the 80's made people disregard the fact most of them were awful movies with awful storylines.  Most of those films, if watched today, wouldn't give you anything more than a feeling of nostalgia. Today they seems like bloody jokes. THEY SUCK. Okay, so there were some rare gems like Blade Runner or Alien, but then you'd have movies like The Running Man and Cyborg which were only made because action and sci-fi were THE SHIT back in the 80's.

Enough, Hollywood. Stop making advantage of people's nostalgia and let those atrocities of the 80's die in peace.
Make something original.
MAKE SOMETHING ORIGINALLLLLLLLL

Look at the bright side. Least they haven't ruined 976 Evil....yet. Gotta love B Movies.

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 02:50:33 PM »
Movies, or Hollywood movies at least, are pretty much on the way out. They're failing to adapt. They're making more and more expensive flops. Hollywood is in California, which is one of the most expensive places to both live and operate a business in the nation. They're rehashing formulas that worked once because they're at the end of their rope; they basically can't compete with places like Toronto or Orlando that incentivize filmmaking and offer less drama than Hollywood. And frankly...I won't miss them when they fold.
He's back! The man behind the mask!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 08:11:58 PM »
A RoboCop movie where in the trailer you already knows that his family know exactly who he is, in brief: its so bad that the trailer cant hide its flaws.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 10:30:02 PM »
While I agree with this topic I enjoyed the new Dredd movie. I thought it had a simple plot and was full of action. Overall it was just fun.

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 10:50:13 PM »
While I agree with this topic I enjoyed the new Dredd movie. I thought it had a simple plot and was full of action. Overall it was just fun.

Well it wasn't a remake of anything.

And to be fair the new Evil Dead was good.
He's back! The man behind the mask!

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 11:02:12 PM »
Judge Dredd

Oi, Dredd was amazing. They didn't have to do it, sure, but it turned out great. :(

But yeah; Robocop's one of those films you can't just dig up and replant in the next generation. I wouldn't buy this for a dollar.

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 11:20:35 PM »
Well, you started off with a decent point, then you got here

All the craze for movies in those genre in the 80's made people disregard the fact most of them were awful movies with awful storylines.  Most of those films, if watched today, wouldn't give you anything more than a feeling of nostalgia. Today they seems like bloody jokes. THEY SUCK.

And it just became obvious you either have no taste or don't know what you were talking about. 

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 07:58:48 AM »
Reboots are easier than making original stuff.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 08:40:58 AM »
And it just became obvious you either have no taste or don't know what you were talking about. 

No u have no taste n u don't know what ur talkin about! HAHAHAHAAA

NO UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUU

Seriously though, the 80's had a decent, limited number of good action / horror movies and all the rest were were donkey manure only remembered by 80's geeks. Yes, I'm talking about most of the Schwarzenegger / Stallone / Lundgren / Van Damme pics and the cheap ripoffs of them. And for some reason Hollywood think they even DESERVE remakes. 

That's also my opinion of 90% of comic book movies but that is another conversation.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 09:44:54 AM »
Well, they we're good for their time and very entertaining for me, the wayt that you put it sounds like you want to every movie to be a masterpiece 10/10 five stars, but  its impossible. About remakes, they should try to stick with the source material or then forget about remaking it, since most of times they have a deranged vision and make a total mess.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: