Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: The Concert (february)  (Read 38221 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2010, 05:56:39 AM »
I really, really wish I went. It looked like one hell of an event, mad props to everyone who made the concert possible. I hope they decide to perform another show one of these days and release a DVD.

Paranoia

Re: Castlevania: The Concert (february)
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2010, 05:32:13 PM »
OMG I want a DVD of this right now!

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2012, 11:04:01 AM »
Totally missed this in 2010, but stumbled upon some vids from the songs. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D31B5CE30608A97
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2013, 08:39:20 AM »
Sorry for the bump, but it's been 3 years since the concert happened and no one ever bothered releasing a DVD of it. Why was this the case? Because Konami didn't allow it? Because David Westerlund didn't have the means? This seems like the missed opportunity of the century. Nintendo has an orchestra touring around North America playing songs from The Legend of Zelda for the second time. They wouldn't do this out of pure fanservice, they have to be making money. Something similar at a smaller scale for Castlevania would probably have been very profitable.

Even if that's too much of a time and money investment, selling the recording at a good quality on iTunes or even kickstarting a physical print would have still made Konami and the people involved a profit. I really want to know what happened because from a financial standpoint it doesn't make sense, and as a fan I would love to have this to watch at 1080p with good audio quality on my TV.
(click to show/hide)

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: The Concert (february)
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2013, 09:48:05 PM »
I am also bothered that even though the concert was recorded (officially), they keep the recording for themselves. They should release it in any way possible they can find, for the fans. I really want to see it and enjoy it. Let`s try to do something about it!

1.Does anyone have an unofficial recording? That would be the easiest way to get it, even though not perfect.
2. Shall we write to David Westerlund?

Life is too short to let this concert recording not be enjoyed by fans each and every minute!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2013, 01:23:29 AM »
I am also bothered that even though the concert was recorded (officially), they keep the recording for themselves. They should release it in any way possible they can find, for the fans. I really want to see it and enjoy it. Let`s try to do something about it!

1.Does anyone have an unofficial recording? That would be the easiest way to get it, even though not perfect.
2. Shall we write to David Westerlund?

Life is too short to let this concert recording not be enjoyed by fans each and every minute!
I heard they lack the rights to release the recordings, expect for a few tracks you can find on YouTube, because all the other were removed by Konami (for example: I remember seeing the AoS Clock Tower track, but it was removed).

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2013, 11:47:33 AM »
I heard they lack the rights to release the recordings, expect for a few tracks you can find on YouTube, because all the other were removed by Konami (for example: I remember seeing the AoS Clock Tower track, but it was removed).
Then in that case we should totally write David Westerlund to kickstart a DVD release. I bet plenty of Castlevania fans would dump some good cash to see this happen. Maybe back in 2010 crowdfunding wasn't an option but today I can see this happening.
(click to show/hide)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2013, 04:55:43 PM »
Then in that case we should totally write David Westerlund to kickstart a DVD release. I bet plenty of Castlevania fans would dump some good cash to see this happen. Maybe back in 2010 crowdfunding wasn't an option but today I can see this happening.
I'd vouch for that....

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2013, 10:58:42 AM »
Money is not the only thing, Konami may just simply not want to have a CV concert DVD.

I think they're not too fond of live performances of CV music. Except the 2 VGL albums, and the Play! one, I think that's pretty much it. They even removed a track from The Greatest VGM Vol.2 (a CV orchestral suite).

Tags:

anything