Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - OST Remastered  (Read 5519 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - OST Remastered
« on: February 10, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »
I am still working on the FFVI OST, but I took a break from it to do this for a friend of mine's birthday. He's a huge Zelda fan and has quite the musical inclination. They're not all perfect, and there are a few instances where pitch bends are extremely noticeable, but it is what it is. Might go back and fix them later on BUT ANYWAY:

Breaking from my usual routine and just posting the folder link, as I'm feeling too lazy to post all the URLs right now.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/s7a364s9n7edu/Link_to_the_Past_Remaster

Single links are in there, as well as the usual ZIP.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - OST Remastered
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 06:02:25 PM »
Dude, those are some sweet tracks! I download some of them too  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 08:32:43 AM »
Great stuff! If I ever need a soundtrack redone I know who to ask. ;)

EDIT:
There is something really funky about the second half of the staff roll. It's supssed to get all epic at the end when the drum beat starts for the really robust version of the Hyrule Field, but instead it sounds more like it suddenly get's ominous and wierd.

It's those drums and horns. They're all wrong and depressing sounding. Also the drums are supposed to be introduced slowly with a gradually increasing volume like the horns are they begin way too abruptly. Everything else in the album is great.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:00:13 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 11:42:12 AM »
Hey nice work! I've always thought LttP had one of the best game soundtracks out there and this greatly improved it.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 01:16:41 AM »
+1
Just a thought Dracula9. Do you think you can pull off the Zelda games; Link's awakening, Oricle of Ages and Seasons in the same touch? I'd love to hear them redone in higher quality format!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 01:25:59 AM »
Just a thought Dracula9. Do you think you can pull off the Zelda games; Link's awakening, Oricle of Ages and Seasons in the same touch? I'd love to hear them redone in higher quality format!
I approve that.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 05:52:20 AM »
For me, A Link Between Worlds was a reminder of how stunning these old songs are. I was obsessed with ALttP when it was new but I honestly never thought about the soundtrack. It was great but I didn't pay much attention to it. Today I almost feel like the music is better than it ever was. The death mountain tango/march hybrid is just too awesome for its own good. I didn't realise that as a kid.

Will listen to these remastered songs asap!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 05:11:26 PM »
Possibly, X. It all depends on whether I can get MIDIs for all of the songs. This one had the benefit of being able to rip sequence data from the SPC files, but I don't know if those other platform formats have the same shortcut. I'll look into it.

And got it, Inccubus. If/when I go back to fix a few, I'll do that one first.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags: