Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Koji (IGA) Igarashi to appear at GDC 2014  (Read 4137 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Koji (IGA) Igarashi to appear at GDC 2014
« on: February 26, 2014, 04:12:57 PM »
http://schedule.gdconf.com/session-id/828360

From its beginnings with 8-bit classics like Metroid, through its rebirth in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and several games in the series since -- right up to the current generation of hardware -- "Metroidvania"-style games' mix of action/adventure and exploration/backtracking has stood the test of the time. Join long-time Castlevania-producer Koji Igarashi for an exploration of his experiences and methodology in creating some of the most popular and influential games in the genre over the last 15 years.

They let him out of the coffin. Could Igarashi season be returning?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Koji (IGA) Igarashi to appear at GDC 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 04:22:00 PM »
he will reveal LEEDMEES 2 and nothing else

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 04:26:12 PM »
certainly won't be anything CV related, but I'm glad he will finally be making a appearance, seems Konami has been keeping the guy in their deepest dungeon pit as of late. :D

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 04:59:46 PM »
I doubt this means IGA is back but it's great to see him again. Go figure they announce something like this after the LoS series ended.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 06:58:04 PM »
I don't think he will be there promoting any games.

He is just an invited speaker in a conference session.
But at least it is good to know that he is still alive.

Offline 13th Street

• Hunter in Training
  • Mori, monstru!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 07:04:27 PM »
I'm relatively new here. Is there some kind of weird superstitious tradition going on of deliberately downplaying any significant Castlevania news?  :rollseyes:

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 07:10:50 PM »
+1
I got this info from the same Game Developer's Conference about IGA:
Koji Igarashi joined Konami in 1990, starting out as a writer and programmer for the pioneering dating adventure Tokimeki Memorial. He went on to work as associate director on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and eventually director of the series, before moving into production duties elsewhere in the company.

See...
We're not downplaying. We are not just fond of speculating when there is no concrete proof of something brewing up.
I just don't think IGA will be back for Castlevania, unless I am proven otherwise.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 07:20:06 PM »
so if that means IGA got a promotion, then more power to him

but the prospects of him returning as producer is like Yamane returning or Kojima; sure they may come back to do a few things if asked, but when it comes to them being the frontrunners of the series like back in the day? forget it

i can see IGA giving his blessing to a new castlevania project & nothing more. ya know like in the credits "special thanks to IGA"

or maybe just maybe konami might surprise us all with the 1999 game, & the team involved will no doubt consult IGA about details concerning it, since it is his story
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 07:23:07 PM by crisis »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 08:31:05 PM »
AlucardVania and 1999 game. At the same time. Confirmed. 11/10.

Everything comes full circle

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 08:46:11 PM »
before moving into production duties elsewhere in the company.
yeah, even with castlevania, he was mostly in a producer role. after lords, he was the producer for scribblenauts, leedmees, otomedius and etc.

they wouldn't announce a game during a talk tho. so nothing's probably going to be announced.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 08:47:43 PM by thernz »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 03:34:04 AM »
I really want to see this. I suppose there won't be a recording of it?  :(

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 09:42:00 PM »
yeah, even with castlevania, he was mostly in a producer role. after lords, he was the producer for scribblenauts, leedmees, otomedius and etc.

they wouldn't announce a game during a talk tho. so nothing's probably going to be announced.

He may not announce anything, but if its a Q&A session SOMEONE should ask him!
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Tags: