Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Map question  (Read 3853 times)

shampoo150

Map question
« on: May 26, 2008, 04:32:01 PM »
I know there is a way to do it, cause I did it with Portrait of Ruin.

How do I make it so when I start Julius mode in Dawn of Sorrow, it starts with 100% map? I  know it can be done

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Map question
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:26:26 PM »
never heard of that, if a f.a.q. at gamefaqs.com doesn't
have info about it, maybe its hidden further?

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 09:13:09 PM »
In reply to #1

This post doesn't make the least bit of sense.

Probably spam.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

shampoo150

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 10:30:31 PM »
In Reply To #3

um, are you a moron? How does this not make sense? I asked how to start a new mode with 100% map....you sound ignorant making stupid assumptions

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 11:06:33 PM »
In Reply To #4

So just cuz it works in POR it magically works in DOS?

Who's the moron here? Look at the way you worded your sentence.

SPAM.

Maybe you're talking about the clear file, but it's very hard to understand what the hell you are asking. In this case, there should be an extra save slot that opens once you've completed the game where you can carry over items.

But I'm pretty sure that only works with Soma's quest. You have to rediscover the map in the extra character mode; how else are you going to tell where you've been?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 11:13:19 PM by A N T R A X X »

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 11:11:10 PM »
that was an error in game code. it's not a feature, and not possible in dos.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 11:14:23 PM »
In Reply To #6

Wow. POR was more buggy than I thought.  :o

shampoo150

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 07:03:33 AM »
In Reply To #7

how else are you going to tell where you've been?

Ok who doesn't make sense now? You'll have an easier time knowing where you've been if you start with a full map. DUH!

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. In Portrait of ruin if you went to the new game+ symbol, then cancelled and started a new game in Richter or Sister's mode you would start the game with a full map......The save structure is pretty much the same in DOS so I thought you could do it the same way.

You have trouble reading stuff. I said, "How do I start Julius mode with 100% map". what is so hard about that? Stop acting like a child, just cause you are stupid doesn't mean a post is "spam". I asked a legit question.

I don't understand what you don't get. And no I'm not talking about the "clear file"....obviously you don't know all the secret stuff. When I played POR I was able to start with full maps...WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU GET????? So if you don't get something the email is SPAM. What are you? A 5 year old. You're like some kid who keeps shouting something insulting every time someone talks.

You're last sentence is a real winner lemme tell ya.

LOL. I'm going to game faqs where they know what they are talking about

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 09:47:11 AM »
In Reply To #8

I think Serio answered the question.  I always wondered about that.

It's weird because AoS had a similar feature, whereby once you'd start a newgame+, it'd had your previous map layout, only grayed out, and you can basically re-fill the map with blue as you went along.  However, I do not recall if Julius Mode in AoS or DoS had the previous-map feature.

PoR is just a bit crazy like that.  I thought they had added it in as a feature, but I guess it was just a bug and not possible in Julius Mode in DoS (though in Soma mode NewGame+ I'm sure it existed).

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 10:23:39 AM »
it was a feature, but only for main mode. the other three modes had no new game+ as far as i remember, so they couldn't carry over the stuff like map coverage, hm/mp ups etc.

and it was possible to do only because the game set the values as soon as you selected the new game+ button rather than once the game's started, so if you cancelled after picking it the values remained in memory.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 10:24:53 AM »
In Reply To #7

how else are you going to tell where you've been?

Ok who doesn't make sense now? You'll have an easier time knowing where you've been if you start with a full map. DUH!

Just wanted to point out that your "DUH!" doesn't make sense at all. The point is that you can track where you've been already by looking at the map and see what's on it and what's still missing. If you have a full map how can you tell if you've been there or not? since it's already labled as found.

Also, you made three posts here where two of them contained flaming. Try to at least keep your cool when you enter a new community because no matter what people say, first impressions do matter.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 11:50:20 AM »
In Reply To #1

Indeed.  As #11 pointed out, Inflammatory replies beget inflammatory counter-replies.  If you indeed plan on going to GameFAQs, and you use the same response you used here, it is a certainty that the moderators will lock/delete your replies almost immediately.

Good luck to you if you venture there, and I bid you a warm Welcome if you decide to stay here.  Either way, I hope your question was answered.

-Jorge-
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything