Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: new casltevania storyline  (Read 4120 times)

benja86

new casltevania storyline
« on: July 11, 2008, 08:15:40 PM »
ok so if you had the resources to buy konami witch in-turn gave you ownership of the castlevania franchise.
what kind of storyline would your game have?
mine honestly would probably have something to do with dracula 
being more of a tactician and politician so as he would have controll of the planet in a few years such as gaining control over eurasia and then within a months the north and south americas.
forceing the player to not only make it through his castle but the journey to get to the castle would involve crossing hordes of Humans who believe in the new ruler and with that being the case having the use of things like maybe a fully automatic rifle at your disposal but guns won't work on the demons and such so you have to find enchanted weapons

I gues i would love a castlevania game that uses elements from the resident evil ( mainly 4)

also i think it would be badass to be in a SU-47 and shooting down demons and harpies

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 11:43:43 PM »
That's a wicked idea! I could picture an insane CV fast-paced game like that as a crazy arcade game, maybe somewhat similar this game I played a while back:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=itbhYS0i0Hg

I think that game's engine properly fused with the CV look & atmosphere would be pretty cool, don't ya think?  8)

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Re: new casltevania storyline
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 06:02:37 PM »
In Reply To #1

Resident Evil 4! ;D

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 06:20:54 PM »
I'd write my own story to replace some of the game stories. And retcon all the ones I can't make up a better one for >.> or atleast the ones that aren't in the 100 year sort of thing, unless of course its explained in one way or another that I think interesting.

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 06:24:34 PM »
In Reply To #1

Well, I would like to say I'd put Legacy of Darkness and Castlevania 64 back in the canon, but I don't even know why they were removed in the first place.

Anyway, I'd make that missing 1999 game, making Julius and his group go to Dracula's castle, and battle Dracula. They make it to the throne room, where they battle Dracula's servant. When he is killed, Dracula then retreats into an alternate dimension to save his own life. By journeying into this world of darkness and killing Dracula there, his regeneration cycle ends. I really like the idea of adventuring outside the castle, so I would make this second world huge filled with various levels like forests, caves, mountains, oceans, ruins, in the clouds, etc.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 06:40:40 PM by Gimph »

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 06:52:45 PM »
i'd retcon stoker, bloodlines and pork. then move legacy of darkness back into canon and forward in time to 1914, so renon's mention of the great war that'll take many lives (world war 1), motorcycles, zeppelins etc, as well as drac's over 100 years line will make more sense.

then just make sure to fix few unexplained inconsistencies. cornell fought the servant, not the real dracula. the servant got enough power to transform from absorbing the crystal with ada.
and that it was all a part of the greater plot to use cornell's power as catalyst to revive dracula with much more power than usually as well as give him a new, young body during the reinhardt/carrie/henry quest.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 07:02:00 PM by Serio »

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 06:56:27 PM »
In Reply To #6

Great idea. That would really make more sense. What about the Belmonts losing the whip? Would that still be canon? Or would Reinhardt become a Belmont? I would also like to use your idea.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 06:57:30 PM »
reinhardt would revert back to his early name of reinhardt schneider belmont.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 07:00:17 PM »
In Reply To #8

Good. So that means Belmonts don't lose whip-wielding power? So therefore, OoE would also be retconned.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 07:06:38 PM »
In Reply To #9

Then you have some problems...You could always turn Albus into a Belmont side character like Julius in the Sorrow series.

benja86

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 11:35:31 PM »
couldn't they have just made Reinhart schneider the son of a daughter of belmont
I.E. Mr belmont and mrs. belmont have a girl her maiden name is belmont she gets married and changes her name to schneider
and little Reinhart is born.
That-away the belmonts didn't lose the whip with Reinhart
and as for the morris's how about johnathan is a descendant without the last name he has just enough blood to use the whip
then the little one in POR is just too far gone
 i mean lets be honest the way they portray the BELMONTS always being from the one clan makes them sound like european royalty( only marries cousins)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 11:50:16 PM »
In Reply To #8

Good. So that means Belmonts don't lose whip-wielding power? So therefore, OoE would also be retconned.

no just give schneider another powerful whip, problem solved. Surely they could manage to make another whip with some decent power with a thousand years to work.

Personally If I had to make my own TL I'd retcon all the SOTN wannabe's but AOS, Legends and COTM. Change the plot around in COTM a little to fit and add some dialogue in Legends and replace Alucard with some other powerful Vampiric servant of dracula's (Joaquim maybe?) (all that would be required is a simple text name change in all the  dialogue boxes). All the original 4-bit GB games would be included along with all the 8-bit and 16bit games and all the diff. incantations of the 1691 conflict. COD would be included as well. LOI would be completely retconned. SOTN of course and the 2 n64 games with which I'd fix the horrid camera angles so you could see what you were doin' and really enjoy those 2 games.

Mine would Look like this

1451 - Legends
|
1476 - Legend of Demon Castle
|
1479 - Curse of Darkness
|
|
|
1576 - Legend of Dracula
|
1591 - Legend of Dracula II
|
|
|
1691 - Castlevania/Demon Castle Dracula
|
1698 - Dracula 2 - The Accursed Seal/Simon's Quest
|
|
|
1792 - Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (depending on translation chi actually translates to life energy or power)
|
1797 - SOTN/NITM
|
|
1844 - Legacy of Darkness/ Apocalypse: Legacy of Cornell
|
1852 - Vania 64/Apocalypse
|
1885 - COTM
|
1917 - Bloodlines/ VK
|