Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Who gets the whip?  (Read 11368 times)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 07:59:58 PM »
I'm glad Sonia was taken out of the "official" canon. I'm so sick of political correctness. No way would a female inherit the curse of having to battle Dracula during those times.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:04:50 PM by Thomas Belmont »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 03:16:43 AM »
I'm glad Sonia was taken out of the "official" canon. I'm so sick of political correctness. No way would a female inherit the curse of having to battle Dracula during those times.

He needs to at least release a game then to fill in the gap or fill us in in another game. COD would have been a perfect opportunity. Taking it out and doing nothing and leaving a great big hole was/is shitty.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 03:26:33 PM »
I seriously doubt any real information about who gets the whip exists anywhere in Konami's hub of operations, let alone what the real deal is behind the ties/division/rivalries separating the Belmont and the Morris families. With that in mind, I think it's safe to say that whoever gets the most well-thought out reason for inheriting the damn thing is given the whip. Whether it's a male or female hunter is an entirely different call to make.

By the way, seeing as how I've managed to keep my mouth shut for quite some time, I'd like to take a moment to say that--... *sigh* For a guy who makes such serious claims about storyline consistency and continuity in the CV series, Igarashi-sama did a bang-up job delivering a totally unoriginal supernatural-goth anime protagonist for Order of Ecclesia, bolstered considerably by a total disregard for the entire "Dracula/CastleVania 100 year cycle resurrection," AGAIN! and the most vague time setting in CV history. "Early in the 1800's?" What, did he think he could get away with bending the rules of Dracula's return by not being specific?

Seriously, I have no personal animosity towards the dude. Never did. But I do hope deep down that Lords of Shadow sinks his mythos like so much faulty outdated hardware.

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Who gets the whip?
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2009, 09:57:53 PM »
Agreed.

Castlevania should have taken 2 more things from metroid: Less main characters and less games

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Who gets the whip?
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2009, 02:47:56 PM »
Yeah.  At the rate the series is going, it's going to eventually have more plotholes then the anime Dragonball Z.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2009, 10:10:35 PM »
In Reply To #34

Couldn't have said it better.

Tags: