Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami should Learn from Falcom.  (Read 3392 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: September 26, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
Recently I have charted though the Ys Games and come to my surprise, the Series takes on Different Styles of games yet, the Fans aren't splintered...
They have made the dimensional leap, and Changed they Game's overall style 5 times with sequels and Remakes.

and When I say Remake, I mean an Actual built from the ground up new game that hass all the content of the original, not these Enhanced Ports with "Remake" Slapped on them like the Shameless HD collections and Castlevania Chronicles, once you strip the enhanced visuals away, you get the exact shit you've played before, only with a couple updates.

even though the games have changed styles over the years, the essence of the classics always remain.

Konami should study Ys long and Hard, cause they key to making a Great NEW Castlevania games all the fans can get behind lies there.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 11:30:19 PM »
KONAMI will never hear our voices

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 12:15:28 AM »
To be fair, we've only gotten two remakes, both of which were obviously on some pretty tightass budgets. But I agree, Ys is awesome and Konami could learn from it.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 12:19:39 AM »
The series taking a direction similar to Demons Souls/Dark Souls would be perfect in my opinion.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 12:23:09 AM »
The series taking a direction similar to Demons Souls/Dark Souls would be perfect in my opinion.

FUUUUUUCK YEEEES. Even if it was just taking the more horrific elements.

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Konami should Learn from Falcom.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 02:24:40 AM »

Right on! I would be so happy if they made a Castlevania game similar to Demon's Souls.

edit: And I agree, the Ys series seems well maintained.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:26:12 AM by bucky »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 02:58:33 AM »
even with Ys Seven, which had the bigger changes (non-Chibi characters, Party systems, Skills) it still held up very well and didn't make a great divide like every castlevania game that does something new.

I feel that that, yes Dark/Demon Souls would be the best direction since It both keeps 3D AND has the thinking aspect, like Castlevania, Dark Souls isn't THAT hard if you have the right approach.

Hack 'n' Slashlevanias just aren't cutting it.
METROIDvanias are not cutting it either.

the entire approach aspect of Castlevania has been deminished and gone in later games, its rushing and Farmining as of Late.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Konami should Learn from Falcom.
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 04:25:41 AM »
I've thought for a while now that what Falcom did with Ys: Oath in Felghana would be great for a Castlevania. Change the art style and combat a bit and it'd be great.

Tags: