Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Just beat Contra for the first time WITHOUT the 30-man code!  (Read 6137 times)

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Just beat Contra for the first time WITHOUT the 30-man code!
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 01:09:40 AM »
Ugh, mm1-2 were no where nearly as hard as the contra games imo. I actually beat mm1-3 but never a contra without cheats.

Really?  I feel the opposite is true.  Oh well, guess we're all different.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 02:22:50 PM »
Feels really damn awesome, doesn't it? 8)

Have you beaten it without dying once yet? You feel like GOD when that's pulled off. GOD. :o

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 06:44:37 PM »
uuhhh, I beat the first 3 stages on Sonic 1 using headphones only (no video, it was 1st model genesis)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 02:39:56 AM »
SNES version right? There's no speed part before the boss rush in the arcade one. When you can beat it with the TV off while blindfolded while fighting someone with your hands tied behind your back, then you are a man grasshoppah.

I believe Rugal is talking about the arcade version which is harder then the SNES version. I would know since I own both. I can finish the SNES version okay with losing a life or two along the way, But coodos to Rugal for finishing the arcade version without dying once and no power-ups! That's the s**t right there!!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: