Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mirror of Fate in comparison with Lords of Shadow  (Read 6282 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: Mirror of Fate in comparison with Lords of Shadow
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 10:39:53 PM »
Totally.
On the other hand, that could have been useful to have a polished port for PC of this game.
But it would have been better if they just focused on the 3DS version.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »
Totally.
On the other hand, that could have been useful to have a polished port for PC of this game.
But it would have been better if they just focused on the 3DS version.

Or just make it a full 3d game that part with Simon in full 3d was awesome.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 10:47:47 PM »
+1
I want to elaborate on my view on the music. Some of the tracks were right from LoS. Which also cuts down on the originality of the soundtrack.
Didn't you want old tracks? BAM.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 10:50:21 PM »

Oh come on!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 10:51:15 PM »
+1
I haven't played LOS because I don't have a ps3. All your points are interesting to know.
MOF for me is too short and I am always tempted to die just to get full health.

As for the manual, they did not include a paper-based manual since a digital one was included in the cartridge. You can view it at the menu screen of the 3ds, on the lower left side.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 10:58:12 PM »
I haven't played LOS because I don't have a ps3. All your points are interesting to know.
MOF for me is too short and I am always tempted to die just to get full health.

As for the manual, they did not include a paper-based manual since a digital one was included in the cartridge. You can view it at the menu screen of the 3ds, on the lower left side.

What you just said is an other problem do you feel tense in this game? Do you feel like if you die you get worried or have that feeling of disappointment? Or what about the sense of accomplishment when you get past an event? I know that I did not. The fact that death and the tension it brought into the cv series is not here at all is not right. Oh a boss killed me, oh I'll just  be at full health when I restart and beat it down till it's nothing. It's not rewarding even LoS was better than this. No complications or high tension is just wrong.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:59:45 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 11:06:38 PM »
What you just said is an other problem do you feel tense in this game? Do you feel like if you die you get worried or have that feeling of disappointment? Or what about the sense of accomplishment when you get past an event? I know that I did not. The fact that death and the tension it brought into the cv series is not here at all is not right. Oh a boss killed me, oh I'll just  be at full health when I restart and beat it down till it's nothing. It's not rewarding even LoS was better than this. No complications or high tension is just wrong.

Exactly. Whenever I play CV, I am expecting that I must not lose my life or else I'm screwed. There is a sense of fear whenever you go to the next door/level.
But MoF just disappoints in that area.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 09:11:04 AM »
har har har.
Consistency. If they are not going to have old Cv tracks, then don't reuse them from the previous game. Even IGA didn't reuse themes from one game to the very next one. the classics sure, but the new ones no. I was expecting a bit more originality from mof in music than just reusing tracks from the previous game.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags:

anything