Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Skyrim: Thoughts on the Lightning Shout  (Read 2830 times)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Skyrim: Thoughts on the Lightning Shout
« on: March 24, 2013, 04:57:54 PM »
I've played through Skyrim several times and I've noticed that the one lightning shout (STORM CALL) is almost useless as it is. While it is powerful and strikes multiple times over time, it is random and only works outdoors. Almost all the other shouts work everywhere and are easily managed.

That being said, there is both a FIRE BREATH shout and a FROST BREATH shout. Both of these do decent damage and possess the effects of their elementals (fire igniting enemies doing extra damage over time; frost doing stamina damage and slowing down the enemies). So, with that in mind, why not have a shock based breath shout rather than a shout that summons a lightning storm that strikes randomly? Easier to control in that you don't accidentally hit a friendly target and is useful against mages in the same way that frost breath is useful against warriors. It could be called STORM BREATH.

With Bethesda create a patch to change the shout? I doubt it. But what are your thoughts on this?
Behold my power and tremble

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Skyrim: Thoughts on the Lightning Shout
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 08:21:45 PM »
There's a storm shout?? I've yet to see this personally so I'll have to You Tube it just to check it out! I always thought that there was only fire and ice shouts for the elements and couldn't help but think that it was somewhat limited for Dragon elemental attacks. In terms of Bethesda making a patch in order to fix it, who knows. But I wouldn't put it past the modders community. Chances are they are making said patch you speak of. And if they currently aren't then you can always put in a suggestion on either the Steam or Nexus forums.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Skyrim: Thoughts on the Lightning Shout
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 05:01:21 PM »
There's a storm shout?? I've yet to see this personally so I'll have to You Tube it just to check it out! I always thought that there was only fire and ice shouts for the elements and couldn't help but think that it was somewhat limited for Dragon elemental attacks. In terms of Bethesda making a patch in order to fix it, who knows. But I wouldn't put it past the modders community. Chances are they are making said patch you speak of. And if they currently aren't then you can always put in a suggestion on either the Steam or Nexus forums.
Yes, there is a storm shout. It is call Storm Call. Basically, it creates a thunderstorm when you are outside and lightning attacks randomly. The whole thing lasts ten minutes when you have all three words. It's bad because of its limited use (only working outside) and the fact that it hits randomly so it may hit an ally.
What I was saying is that I'd rather have a shock based breath shout than this. Plus, I have the PS3 version so creating a mod doesn't help me.
I was also just wondering if anyone else had similar feelings.
Behold my power and tremble

Tags:

anything