Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mortal Kombat 2....  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: February 14, 2014, 01:26:24 AM »
So whilst digging around some of my old snes games I found 2 dusty cartridges. Mortal Kombat and it's ever so popular sequel. While I have dozens of memories with the first, I couldn't recall much from 2, seeing as I only really played it when at my cousins house on rare occasions. I popped in MK 1 and immediately was brought back to some good ol times of beat down action. After about an hour and a half (and quite a few "game over" screens) I finally beat Shang tsung (again. I had beaten this game as a kid with sub zero but this time it was with liu kang) and crowned MK champion. Sweet! So looking at the sequel, I thought "what the heck? Let's give it a try." Oh dear god. This game... My god this game. BRUTALLY. DIFFICULT. And not for legit reasons either!!! I got maybe half way up the ladder and after just a few game over screens, it really WAS game over! No unlimited continues! You really get screwed in this game. One MAJOR problem is the a.i. LOVE using the throw. They will throw you to the point of you not getting a chance to move! Wtf?! I'm trying to beat this as liu kang but the more I play, the more I rage. Does anyone have any tips on this???  :(
By My Hands...The Belmont Clan Will Be Avenged...

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 11:38:59 PM »
MK 2 can be cheesed in return with Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Baraka, Jax, Cage, and to some extent Kung Lao (arcade, SNES, and Genesis). You can get the AI stuck in a loop of you duck and wait for the CPU, just before they get there, you jump back, they will then imic this. You can either uppercut the hell out of them, or use Scorpions spear, or Baraka's blade fury and really rip the CPU to shreds. Kintaro can also be locked in a jump kick pattern , or even worse in the Genesis port, he can be speared or frozen over and over if you are quick. Khan can also be low kicked to death, even if he blocks as he tries to charge he will run into your foot and be knocked back.

These days I can still pretty much 1CC the game on arcade, SNES, and Genesis with certain characters (used to be able to with Kitana, she kicks ass, but I can't use her anymore).

MK 1 is a cheeser on both SNES and Genesis consoles, and to an extent arcade. The game honestly isn't hard to beat as you can also jump kick the CPU from a  certain distance and it won't block.

Tags: