Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What exactly is the castle in DoS?  (Read 3156 times)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« on: August 22, 2015, 09:28:04 PM »
In AoS, it's stated Dracula was defeated for good in 1999 and his power was sealed away when his castle was transported behind the moon. But then DoS comes along and it's like "Oh, nevermind. Here's this entire second castle filled with ghosts, zombies, Lovecraftian horrors, and valkyries in a rando snow village on Earth." Was it supposed to be Dracula's vacation palace or something?

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 09:54:57 PM »
from my understanding the castle in DOS is a replica of Dracula's castle built by Celia and her cult, considering the knowledge she has on Dracula/Soma and the fact that she is a powerful dark priestess/witch I would have to say the castle was completely populated thanks to her summoning all the creatures there, after all she was shown capable of summoning monsters in the game to fight Soma.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 10:36:38 PM »
In official material (which escapes my mind right now) it's stated that the castle is a replica of Dracula's castle. How can you replicate a castle able to shapeshift is anyone's guess, however DOS's script tells us this:

Genya Arikado: I imagine that they've gone to the basement of the tower
next to the castle. A foul, unearthly energy emanates from there. There must be a portal to the dark side that fuels the castle's existence.

So I think this might explain how the castle is a replica.

It's not a replica in the "perfect copy" sense, but in the "how it was made" sense. It's also a magical castle, kept "alive" by dark energy flowing out of the Abyss.
Director of that one 1999 fangame that is not out yet.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 06:19:28 PM »

So uh

Am I supposed to take this to mean Dracula has quite the sexual appetite?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 10:50:27 PM »
As DPA said, it is indeed intended to be a perfect copy of Dracula's castle, built by Celia's cult. I think we already had a discussion about it.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 11:09:22 PM »
@Waffle: I consider that room as a developer Easter egg. Along with the room with the rubber duck.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 04:48:01 AM »

So uh

Am I supposed to take this to mean Dracula has quite the sexual appetite?

Waffle, imagine you're able to summon any type of monster in existence

What else would anybody do but summon as many cutie demon waifus ever?

Tags:

anything