Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What to do...?  (Read 3160 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Legendary Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: June 29, 2016, 11:03:46 PM »
So...minor dilemma:

Should I buy Axiom Verge on Steam while it's on sale for $12, or should I wait for it to come out on WiiU?  (Or perhaps wait even longer in the hopes that they'll release it on 3DS?).  Here are some of the pros/cons I've thought of, even though none of them seem to help me make a decision.  Anyone here played it?  How should I buy it?

Steam:
+ Cheaper
+ I can play it now
- My laptop computer isn't in the greatest condition...when it goes I may not be able to play anything Steam related until I can afford a new computer (which may be awhile)

WiiU:
+ It has a controller...my compy doesn't
- It'll probably cost more
- It's not out yet

3DS:
+ I think I prefer handheld gaming
- yeah, I don't think that's happening on this system.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 11:28:22 PM »
Get steam. The game is playable with a keyboard (I've done it), and you can always play it again when you buy a new lappy. :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 12:06:49 AM »
I'd say go for Steam. As it is right now, there's no telling how long you'll have to wait for the Wii U version. It's listed as "2016" for a release date, which means it might come out this year, but they did the same last year for the Vita port, and it didn't come out until a whole year and a month later.

Plus Steam achievements, if you care about those at all.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 08:19:47 AM »
(Checks G2A)

$12 is worth it. it's still $20 on G2A (it's the place where game prices depreciate rather quickly or appropriately)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline theANdROId

• Legendary Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 04:01:51 PM »
Two other slightly related questions:

1: What about Braid?  I know one person who says it's great, and it got good reviews...I always like to hear from friends who've played it though.

2: I asked some time ago about a controller for Steam games and people suggested XBox controllers.  Anyone know if the Steam controller is any good?  It looks kinda awkward maybe...

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 04:19:55 PM »
Two other slightly related questions:

1: What about Braid?  I know one person who says it's great, and it got good reviews...I always like to hear from friends who've played it though.

2: I asked some time ago about a controller for Steam games and people suggested XBox controllers.  Anyone know if the Steam controller is any good?  It looks kinda awkward maybe...

1. Braid is okay, at $2.45 it's good because you'll only play it through once, just avoid the pretentious story and downright retarded secrets.

2. Steam controller is okay, it's basically a controller with touchpads instead of joysticks. It's made in attempt to give controllers a "mouse". I'd advise the Xbox 360 controller or DS4, as Xbox One Controllers have to be fiddled with driver-wise for compatibility, plus the Micro-USB port is just garbage for a controller, if those 2 little hold-in pins break, you're getting a new cord, on my 5th cord... I wish MS or a modder made a wired variant already.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags: