Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Wool Ball series.  (Read 2780 times)

Offline AbsoluteBoom

• Learning little by little
    • Awards
« on: March 12, 2022, 06:25:17 PM »
+1
Hello everyone, there this particular mod that I know of and that I wanted to share with you guys.

For those who don't know, Classic Doom has it's fair share of mods, I would say more than Minecraft or Skyrim. While most mods for Doom try to aim for high standards and complex mechanics, this little mods series aims to keep things simple.

The Wool Ball series consists of two entries: Shadow of the Wool Ball and Rise of the Wool Ball, both of wich were created by MSPaintR0cks.

Shadow of the Wool Ball is the first entry, in it you play as Scott the Hedgehog that was captured by the Evil Kitty Empire, besides having to escape the evil lair, you also need to rescue Scott's girlfriend. This first entry is heavily inspired by Wolfenstein 3D.

Rise of the Wool Ball is the second entry, in it you play as Rebecca the Hedgehog, Scott's girlfriend from the first game. This time is Scott the one who gets captured and Rebecca needs to travel around the world in order to reasemble it because it was broken by the Evil Kitty Empire in order to mine material for Kitty Litter. This second entry is inspired by Rise of the Triad.

Both mods were completely drawn in MSPaint, and is noticeable for their unique and charming artstyle. It's also fast paced, there's secrets to be discovered and bosses to be defeated.

I highly recommed that if you have a copy of Doom 2 that you download either GZDoom or Zandronum and give the Wool Ball series a go.

Up next are two review videos done by Youtuber IcarusLIVES of both of the Wool Ball entries, they will give you a preview of what the mods are about.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 10:33:37 AM »
Hey, welcome! Nice avatar by the way  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline AbsoluteBoom

• Learning little by little
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 05:54:17 AM »
Thanks! It a personal sprite, the character I'm trying to get into a Terraria mod, wich is the artstyle is taken from.

Also for anyone who got interested in the mods, the links to download the Wads are in the description of the linked videos from Youtube.

Tags: fangame Doom mod 

anything