Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 2D Vs. 3D  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
2D Vs. 3D
« on: June 29, 2008, 08:28:24 AM »
Everyone here probably knows that I'm a big fan of the N64 Castlevania games, as I've been known to obsess over them, especially Legacy of Darkness, on a regular basis. So, I was just curious. What's your preference on 2D Castlevanias vs. 3D Castlevanias?

I enjoy 2D Castlevanias, my favorite being Aria of Sorrow, but I really don't think they're as addicting as 3D titles. I've beaten Legacy of Darkness at least 15 times, and I'm still not bored. I think it's as close to perfection when it comes to Castlevania as Konami has ever gotten to. I really wish they would try a 3D Wii Castlevania soon. It would be awesome if they made a remake of Castlevania Legacy of Darkness for Wii. They could add better graphics, more characters and more levels. They could even add multiplayer! Imagine Co-op Legacy of Darkness! That would be awesome! Sorry, I got a little off-topic, haha!

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 09:32:53 AM »
While 3D games are cool and all, I just don't feel the world of Castlevania has really fit well into it yet. The Wii could make it possible, or Judgement could totally screw the possibilities of another 3D title in the future. IMO, Ressurrection could have been a really good title, had it not been cancelled, and the whole "time travel" thing be erased. Nevertheless, I simply enjoy CV more in the 2D realm, and I think that is where it is meant to stay.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Re: 2D Vs. 3D
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 09:43:08 AM »
I just wish they could make another good 3D game. Legacy of Darkness was freakin' awesome, bt they have yet to make one as good in 3D... :(

Speaking of which, you know, I just beat hard mode again. You should try it out.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 10:57:25 AM »
I think Castlevania can translate to 3-D in a way that would far surpass any of the 2-D games.  Unfortunately it has not happened...  And I am doubting if it ever will.  :'(
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 10:58:09 AM »
Yeah, they should at least try again... :'(

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 01:43:17 PM »
He's faster and doesn twice as much damage in hard mode and I avoid his attacks. I admit, I died once the first time, but still...Is it really that hard? Just hit him in the face (the one in his stomach) when it opens up. He dies in about 3 or 4 hits in wolf form. You should use wolf form, it helps!

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 01:54:12 PM »
Okay, how many jewels do yo have total? :-\

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 01:56:28 PM »
I beat hard mode with 46. You can do it.

Tags:

anything