Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Curse of Darkness novel/manga?  (Read 11854 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness novel/manga?
« on: September 16, 2008, 11:09:09 PM »
Uh...did anyone else know about this? Apparently got released here yesterday.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Gentile#6

Re: Castlevania: Curse of Darkness novel/manga?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 11:12:15 PM »
Is it just me, or does the art style look a tad well...odd?

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 11:16:21 PM »
Oh, man. I just created a topic on this right after you did. Tried to delete it but when I try to do so I receive an error message. Anyway, got it today and finished reading it already. Thought it was pretty good. Now I can't wait for Volume 2.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 11:53:54 PM »
oh gee, i didn't realize it was coming out so soon.  or i did, but i forgot about it when thinking about how close OoE was to being released.  i'll have to get it right away.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 05:31:17 AM »
In Reply To #3

I shall take care of your topic deletion issue right away. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 05:40:18 AM »
Does it follow CoD's story exactly?

Offline VEP

• Vampire Exterminator Pixelite
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Castlevania Legacy
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 06:24:40 AM »
what about the special offer

oh and here is some better pictures

I guess these have been available in French for some time and from what I read it was oversaw by IGA himself so should be legit.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 10:12:11 AM by VEP »

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 08:20:29 AM »
there's a CoD role playing game?!  or is that just coverage for the manga or ps2 game in an rpg magazine?

the manga can be considered a prequel to the game, though maybe parts of them overlap, i dunno.

Offline VEP

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Castlevania Legacy
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 09:09:06 AM »
looks like a magazine that comes with the book as a special offer on some french website. Explained here
http://consolesyndrome-leblog.blogspirit.com/archive/2007/12/24/castlevania-le-manga.html
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 09:57:47 AM by VEP »

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 01:53:08 PM »
I preordered mine and got it in the mail yesterday. Here are my thoughts, as previously stated at the Chapel:

"Awhile back I preordered the CoD manga translation, and I got it in the mail today, and just finished reading it. I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. If there's any anime/manga art style to fit Castlevania, this is certainly it. It's amazing! Then of course, there's the story. I assume it takes place at the same time as Dracula's Curse, as Rosalee is still alive, and she and Hector aren't even married yet. It also references Belmont invading Dracula's Castle, which would prove that Dracula's Curse is coinciding with the events of this awesome comic. In case anyone didn't know, there's a lot more to it than the scans posted at the Dungeon. It frequently flashes back and forth to present and past, thoroughly explaining Isaac's origins/his joining Dracula. Of course, I love CoD so much, and this is just perfect. If you haven't read it already, please do. Especially if you like CoD."
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »
Is the US release read from right to left, or did they totally tard it up by making it left to right and mirroring all the artwork?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 08:14:55 PM »
Do they show anything with Trevor, Sypha, Alucard and Grant? I would like to see what they look like in that style
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 09:39:02 PM »
Yup, it has some Trevor in it, but so far no Sypha/Grant/Alucard. 

I just got it today.  Some chills went down my spine when I looked at the description on the back before buying it.  In bold letters it said  "In the new manga based on the video game, a young boy becomes the focal point of Dracula's war on humanity."  I immediately thought of little Tim Bradly tagging along Simon Belmont in the Simon's Quest Worlds of Power kid's book.  No!  They wouldn't do that, would they?  The rest of the back did nothing to reassure me though, it continued in smaller print "In a small village near the Romanian border, young Ted waits for his father, a mercenary in the war against Count Dracula's demon army.  Little does he know he is to become the center of a battle between two of the Count's most powerful generals."  Oh God, his name is Ted.  They don't even mention Isaac or Hector by name anywhere on the back cover or front cover.  I can't help but imagine a lot of potential consumers picking up the novel and saying "cool, a Castlevania manga" and then read the back of it and slowly put it back on the shelf.

Fortunately, Ted's role in the novel is not that bad.  Nothing to fear here.  But yeesh, they shouldn't have mentioned him at all in the back.  Or maybe it would be okay the way it was if they had a big paragraph in front of that talking about the fact that the manga explores the past of Hector and Isaac.  Fortunately, they don't have a big picture of Ted sprawled on the front cover...

Anyways, I liked the manga very much and am eagerly awaiting the second volume.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 09:46:42 PM »
looks like a magazine that comes with the book as a special offer on some french website. Explained here
http://consolesyndrome-leblog.blogspirit.com/archive/2007/12/24/castlevania-le-manga.html
I wonder if the magazine prints out a few stats for use for some characters in some role playing game?

Offline VEP

• Hunter in Training
    • Castlevania Legacy
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 05:19:51 AM »
ya the role playing game site has all there issues online for previous magazines but this is the only one not there i guess its a special issue.

Tags:

anything