Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula is Pathetic **spoilers**  (Read 42541 times)

Offline justin312

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2009, 07:38:25 AM »
In Reply To #59

I agree, I think its a shame that a weak game like Curse of Darkness serves as the direct follow-up to Dracula's Curse.  I also think that the story aspects of Lament of Innocence and Legends (which I guess has been retconned) have somewhat lessened the importance of Trevor's adventure which, when it was released, was supposed to be the origin of the Belmont vs Dracula Castlevania story.

I guess I'm just biased because Dracula's Curse is my personal favorite, but I would have preferred it if they hadn't lessened the importance of Trevor's adventure with the plots of other installments, and with a mediocre "sequel" like Curse of Darkness.

Offline paletteswapmonster

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
Re: Dracula is Pathetic **spoilers**
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2009, 01:20:45 PM »
how? it looks nothing like the previous sprites or artwork. Closest thing it resembles is the haunted castle sprite.

You seem to have forgotten about about Simon's sword, furry leather boots, tight leather shorts, silver belt, tie-up-from-the-middle top, and studded leather arm thing.

EDIT: Both also have red tunics.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:36:52 PM by paletteswapmonster »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2009, 03:43:32 PM »

You seem to have forgotten about about Simon's sword, furry leather boots, tight leather shorts, silver belt, tie-up-from-the-middle top, and studded leather arm thing.

EDIT: Both also have red tunics.

Yeah I'm just not seeing it. They're both wearing leather and part of their clothes are red but aside from that I can't see any similarities.
_______________________________________ ______________

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2009, 03:45:49 PM »
In Reply To #63

...I listed the similarities, and if you can't see them, then something must be wrong with you...

Do I need to circle them in MS Paint or something?

Offline justin312

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2009, 04:13:16 PM »
I think the specific articles they are wearing are similar, its just two very different art styles.  One is more of the Conan look, a grizzled warrior-looking guy.  The other uses that bishonen art that has become commonplace to the series: androgynous facial features, flamboyant costume details like the high-heels and fur accents, and exaggerated hair colors (in this case, pinkish).

So I guess when looking at a small 2D sprite on a screen, you really can't tell much of a difference (except for the pink hair), they pretty much look the same.  I think its just the concept art where the two look completely different.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2009, 04:18:39 PM »
In Reply To #64

Not to mention they both have one shoulder exposed, and one covered.

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2009, 04:29:02 PM »
(in this case, pinkish).
>:|

It's clearly red. I hate it when people say his hair is pink. It's as if they are color-blind.

Offline justin312

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2009, 05:24:12 PM »
In Reply To #67

People say its pinkish because it doesn't look like a natural hair color.  It may be closer to "red" than pink, but its not "red" in the way that natural hair is red.  Look at the color of the guy's hair on your avatar.  Can you honestly say that looks like a normal head of red hair?  It looks like a color that a girl would dye it if she was going for a punk thing.  So to represent that over-the-top, unnatural hair color, people say its pink.

Offline Battler Ushiromiya

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Better than Phoenix Wright.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2009, 05:31:59 PM »
In Reply To #68

That, and the sprite's hair is pink.
_______________________________________ ___________

Magically immune, and loving it!

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2009, 06:00:26 PM »
People say its pinkish because it doesn't look like a natural hair color.

Offline justin312

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2009, 06:58:09 AM »
In Reply To #70

OK, then in the picture above.  Its not red hair in the Carrot Top sense, its an unnatural color that you could only get out of a women's hair dye bottle.  So I think when people call it "pink", they're really just trying to quickly describe the unnatural, exaggerated red color.  I don't care really, the hair color goes with that particular art style, just trying to explain why some people would characterize his hair as "pink".  The actual color may be red, but its not hair that any man would have, particularly one from the 1600s.  Thats all I'm saying.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2009, 07:40:03 AM »
In Reply To #63

...I listed the similarities, and if you can't see them, then something must be wrong with you...

Do I need to circle them in MS Paint or something?

uh those items don't look similar, at all. You just basically listed that each version wears items that would be necessary for the time period. The items don't resemble one another at all. It's like saying I'm similar to you because I wear shoes and a leather belt too when I go out.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2009, 08:44:23 AM »
In Reply To #72

Your example is flawed. Because in this case it would be you and him having blue shoes, a leather belt, a red tie, black gloves, and a top hat all in common. The two designs don't simply have just two or three similarities.

I cant really judge if youre being intentionally short sighted for an attempted troll or if you really don't see it. If you honestly don't see it, your highest career aptitude may be akin to assembling plastic toys in a dirty factory all your life. And no, you wont get your own tv show about you and your family, along with random, but epic, musical segments.

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2009, 12:30:52 PM »
In Reply To #72

To add to what uzo said...

Note: CV1 Simon's tunic is circled twice due to the tie-up-from-the-middle.

Offline gravekeeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2009, 02:08:27 PM »
Just because it's not natural, carrot-red doesn't make the color not red. Natural, carrot-red is more like orange, while Simon's hair is flaming red. Pink is a different color.

Tags:

anything