Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I liked Portrait of Ruin  (Read 22028 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2008, 04:26:51 PM »
In Reply To #75

My phat was 150. My lite was 150.

If you wanted the DS to do things the PSP does, you need to buy ADD ONS. That bumps the price up. So no. The PSP is not over priced, because it does more than the DS and has a better display.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 04:36:48 PM by uzo »

Offline Battler Ushiromiya

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Better than Phoenix Wright.
    • Awards
Re: I liked Portrait of Ruin
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2008, 04:39:19 PM »
DS graphics are at least crisp. PSP gets ugly smudgy graphics.
_______________________________________ ___________

Magically immune, and loving it!

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2008, 05:29:15 PM »
DS generally go for 130 ish now I think. And no, their graphics aren't any "crisper."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2008, 06:09:33 PM »
In Reply To #77

Ah I get it now, you've never played a PSP. There is ghosting (even the DS has that to a lesser extent, surprise), but no smudging.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2008, 07:17:18 PM »
In Reply To #81

A cracked iPhone can play more than just shitty games, and PSP is not like ps2 graphics. Its better than PS1 but not by that much.

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2008, 09:13:30 PM »
In Reply To #80

I had a post just now, somehow I quoted myself, went to delete the quote, and it deleted the original post, too. Weird, heh. PSP does have *almost* PS2 graphics, with the games buddy listed, and MGS Port Ops, God of War and Daxter.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2008, 09:36:32 PM »
In Reply To #77

really doesn't mean much when 3d on ds looks as bad as/worse than n64. at least some blur would hide those spiky blocks of low polygons. :(

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2008, 09:43:38 PM »
In Reply To #82

Some games look pretty good on DS. The Zelda game, Dragon Warrior Monsters: Joker, that Viewtful Joe DS game, The World Ends With You. The FF remakes look alright, too. New Super Mario Bros. art style is awesome.

But yeah, I'm gonna go play The Legend of Dragoon now.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2008, 09:52:40 PM »
In Reply To #83

i was talking specifically about the ff remakes, though i guess it's because of that silly balloon head designs and tiny textures so you could see pixelization even on ds's tiny screen.

the ds is probably better for 2d games (or was, psp's screen is bigger, uses 24 bit colors compared to ds's 16 bit, and can do many effects the ds would choke on like add/sub blending, alpha channels, pixel shading style and other cool effects. and slim's motion blur isn't so bad anymore i hear).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 10:15:17 PM by Serio »

Tags: