Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What Castlevania title would you like remade?  (Read 14677 times)

Offline gravekeeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
What Castlevania title would you like remade?
« on: December 10, 2008, 02:49:01 PM »
A discussion about how Castlevania fans wanted a remake of Rondo of Blood were hot for a long time, before they finally released Dracula X Chronicles. Now that our wish was granted, what would your next wish be? :)

What Castlevania title would you like to see a remake of and why this specific title? And what changes should they do? Should they keep most of it as it was before, or should they retell the same story from another point of view? Or should they even switch between 2D and 3D?

Personally I'd like to see a remake of Harmony of Dissonance. I think the original is a fine game, but I can't help but feel that is was kinda ''sloppily'' made, considering the bright colours, the sprite animations, the soundtrack etc. The soundtracks are fine, but I'm sure we can all agree that we've heard better in Castlevania history.

Exactly HOW they should remake it I'm not sure. Juste Belmont have always been ony of my favorite Belmonts and I think it'd be really cool to see him in a 3D title. But if they were to make it 3D I'd want more variation between rooms and more puzzles and relic gathering, rather than bashing through hundreds of monsters. Juste's magic spells in 3D.. :''D Sweetness!

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What Castlevania title would you like remade?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 03:05:23 PM »
In Reply To #1

I want a Dracula's Curse remake. And I think it's the game that is most likely to get a remake, seeing how much IGA seem to like it.

I also would lke to see a Simon's Quest remake. It has so much potential to be remade into a Ecclesia-style DS-game or something with PROPER boss fights and such.

And then we have Castlevania Adventure and Belmont's Revenge. Not that I like the originals that much, but I feel they deserve to be retold with modern graphics. A Christopher Chronicles would be sweet.

Finally, I think Super Castlevania 4 deserves a remake. They wouldn't even have to change that much cause the game is already quite excellent as it is. Just tweaking and refining it a bit and I'd be pleased.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 03:11:58 PM »
Dracula's Curse, being the best Castlevania, would be a great remake. I would love to see it in 3-D but I'm afraid they'd ruin it right now, maybe once they get that right.

Adventure and Belmont's Revenge would be nice too. They could put them together on one game. That would be a good 2.5-D game like DXC.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline gravekeeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 03:18:21 PM »
I don't mind 2.5D, as long as the characters and monsters are still 2D sprites. Environments and backgrounds etc are more than welcome to be made in 3D. The thing is I get the impression that 3D characters in a side-scrolling game are sorta.. slow. I've noticed this in MegaMan X8 and Maverick Hunter X and, I haven't actually played Dracula X Chronicles, but in the gameplay videos Richter look kinda slow and hard to control. So I personally prefer it with sprites with 3D environments/backgrounds.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 03:58:09 PM »
I haven't actually played Dracula X Chronicles, but in the gameplay videos Richter look kinda slow and hard to control. So I personally prefer it with sprites with 3D environments/backgrounds.
It's not that hard once you get the feel of it.

A hi-res version of Belmont's Revenge would be sweet on psp!

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 04:01:26 PM »
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 04:31:52 PM »
cv3 baby!

Offline justin312

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 04:49:26 PM »
Dracula's Curse, done Bionic Commando Rearmed style.  Make it a downloadable 2D game, with the basic gameplay and feel remaining true to the original, but with hi-def graphics, tweaked gameplay and levels and maybe some new bosses.

...Oh, and have the characters keep their classic looks.  No androgynous Trevor or Voldo DaNasty.  Leave out the bishonen art stuff for a change.

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 06:02:03 PM »
CV 1-4, I would like to see remade.
Holy Cross is best Item Crash.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 06:06:53 PM »
CV3
Behold my power and tremble

Kaneco

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 06:57:24 PM »
I would say, it has to be between these four games...heck, make remakes on all four.

CVIII: Dracula's Curse
CVII: Simon's quest
CV: Harmony of Dissonance
CV: Bloodlines (My personal favorite)

...CV: Chronicles (not really...already a remake of the CV) XD

Shinobi

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 07:23:05 PM »
How about the two gameboy Castlevania games? CV Adventure and Belmont's Revenge. Not really my faves but I think it's interesting to see them in remake version.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 10:23:29 PM »
I agree with most members here that Dracula's Curse would be a great remake.

I'd actually like to see Castlevania 2 as well though. Think about it: Redone soundtrack(more than one song for the mansions), a boss in every mansion, better lines for the townspeople(though the infamous "Death Star" woman can stay), SotN style graphics and landscape, new and greater varieties of monsters, and maybe some new abilities added to the weapons and Dracula relics/body parts. Simon already levels up after a while, and I guess that could be modernized like the current Castlevania's, as well as the whole map thing.

It'd be cool since that game is really the first "metroidvania" when you look at it.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 08:14:52 AM »
Dracula's Curse for the WIN, but a retooling of Simon's Quest has epic potential.  Personally, I think we'll see maybe one more remake before the 1999 game and sometime later --a full series reboot.

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 10:31:41 AM »
Perhaps a Castlevania 1+2 type thing. One half of the game depicts Simon's first foray and the second half depicting Simon's Curse, finding the body parts, and killing Dracula once again.

That'd also work fine for the Adventure Belmonts too.

Tags: