Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Shanoa sprite  (Read 11101 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »
The black is fine, its dark, but the next shade up is quite a bit brighter and thus creates a contrast imbalance. Everything except for the black needs to be readjusted.

I made a quick and dirty contrast rebalanced. Try to adjust it somewhat like this.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Shanoa sprite
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 08:05:16 PM »
Not to get off-topic but I think what Clara is referring to in the fan art is the width of her gait (totally too wide) and the shortness and thickness of her neck. Also that head is WAY too long, even Ayami doesn't do that.

Other than that, it's pretty nice detail and mood.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 08:09:31 PM by A n t r a x x »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 08:53:42 PM »
In Reply To #17

Actually this is what I was referring to: http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/forums/index.php?topic=1930.0

Made a new topic so we didn't get too derailed here.

Offline Giz

• Also Sprach Zarathustra
  • Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 10:32:46 PM »
The black is fine, its dark, but the next shade up is quite a bit brighter and thus creates a contrast imbalance. Everything except for the black needs to be readjusted.

I made a quick and dirty contrast rebalanced. Try to adjust it somewhat like this.

I originally didn't see what you were referring too, but have since discovered that the woman who owns the computer I'm using in fact had the brightness and contrast settings much lower then they should be. I've readjusted and do somewhat see the problem, even if to differentiate the dark shade and the "black" shade was part of the point (to allow for more differntiation between Shanoa's hair and her figure).

Despite that however, I find that your alteration appears near identical to how the peice used to look on the old settings. I'll alter the "official" palette sometime soon, when I've actually got the time to do so, along with playing around with the shading a bit more.
-----------
If there's anything that would make me hate the classic Castlevania games, it most certainly isn't the games themselves; but rather, that ignorant fraction of their fanbase.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 03:29:13 PM »
Acttully that's a very impressive sprite image. I do sprite art myself so I know what I'm talking about. The only thing I can think of for the sprite itself in terms of light is on her breastplate. Maybe one or two shades darker and I do believe it could work out well. However it's your sprite and you get the final say! ;D

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything