Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami's 40th Anniversary  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: March 08, 2009, 03:50:18 AM »
I heard it's Konami's 40th Anniversary.  That has got to be an excuse to do at least something for Castlevania fans.

I guess I'm hoping they finally release something like a "Konami's 40th Anniversary Arcade Collection" (I collect all arcade collections that get released).  And they HAVE to include Haunted Castle as one of the games. 

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Konami's 40th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 06:41:05 PM »
They might "have" to include it, but it doesn't mean we have to play it. it's an interesting curio but that game plays worse than a dead dog.
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 01:08:19 AM »
I'd be up for a Konami Arcade Collection with Haunted Castle on it, hell put versions K and M on it, one's more masochistic that the other, but it could work. Throw in Thunder Cross 1 and 2 (no Gradius and Parodius as I already have them all, along with Twinbee, but if they would have to be on there, fine by me),  Crime Fighters 1 and 2, Boot Camp, and several of their other arcade titles, by all means this would be great and I'd gladly spend my money on it. But make sure to put it on a system I own like PS 2, PSP, DS, as well as give it the modern console treatment.

Tags:

anything