Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Progress Vs Stagnation -- Classics and Castleroids  (Read 8055 times)

True Sorrow

Re: Progress Vs Stagnation -- Classics and Castleroids
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 08:16:14 AM »
But they're all Castlevania games. They all fall under the same umbrella. I doubt there would be anyone here at this forum who hasn't played any of the more recent games at all.

They all fall under the same umbrella, yes, but they're measured in two seperate polls. THAT'S what bothers me. Considering the two got around the same ammount of votes, saying that it's stagnating based on the fact that about half of the votes dealt with older games is just wrong, because about half of the votes were supposed to center about the old games, anyway.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »
In Reply To #16

This gets back to the issue of genre bias --which is something that I set out to avoid from the start.  It would be interesting to have a fully integrated poll with all Castlevanias listing, but with a spread like this, I doubt the top 3 would be much different.

If I were to tackle this topic again, I'd rather have each game graded on a scale of 1-10 and correlate the results.  But the participation variance could be an even bigger problem and skew the results --especially for the older and obscure games which some haven't played. Besides, it would be a nightmare to do on a forum like this --and the mods would probably even treat the flood of polling as spam.

If I could make a suggestion, I think the mods should have a sticky topic *perhaps even a poll* for "your favorite Castlevania"  It always seems to come up in some way or another, and we dungeonites love to debate the merits of our beloved games...

True Sorrow

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 08:49:44 AM »
If I were to tackle this topic again, I'd rather have each game graded on a scale of 1-10 and correlate the results.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 09:06:15 AM »
In Reply To #18

Good.  We'll save this one for a rainy day in June.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 02:29:56 AM »
Interesting poll and results.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 07:28:12 AM »
In Reply To #20

And to think it took about a month to get just 36 votes in --talk about exposure.  How long was that poll open I wonder?

Tags:

anything