Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Angry Video Game Nerd CV vids (part 2 & 3)  (Read 8593 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: Angry Video Game Nerd CV vids (part 2 & 3)
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 01:23:56 AM »
In Reply To #15

I used to be a mod at ICVD way back in the day (like 6-7 years ago), so perhaps if you've been around the "CV community" long enough, you could be thinking of that! :o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 11:26:26 AM »
+1
In the original Castlevania Frankenstein was a boss. In CV64 there were several Frankensteins and they were wielding chainsaws.. I mean c'mon. And how can you NOT complain about the motorcycle skeletons?? That idea is probably as good as a fleaman flying a helicopter.. or having Super Mecha Dracula 2000X as the final boss.

I second that. That is made by only one thing: Japanese Campy sense of humor.Only Japaneses could have the most dark epic tale and turn it into a miserable little pìle of nonsenses and abnormal freaks (This is a pun, not an offense  :D ) Seriously, did you see the gay Dracula in Arcade?, God Bless Lords of Shadow.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 01:51:31 PM »
+1
I love the skeletons on motorcycles and the Frankenstein's Monster with the chainsaw arm.

I mean, sure, there weren't motorcycles in the mid 19th century, and they wouldn't even come around until about 50 years later--and ones of the caliber seen in CV64 and LOD wouldn't appear until another 20 or 30 years or so--but I don't really care. It's goofy, and I love it. :)

It always made more sense to me for CV64/LOD to take place around WWII.

Speaking of which, when are they gonna make a Castlevania game where the Belmonts slay Nazis? Maybe even Nazi vampires, but then that would be getting into Hellsing territory. But hey, why not? Pay homage to that great manga. Hellsing has a couple chapters titled "Castle vania", so go for it, I say.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 01:55:17 PM »
And of course, modern chainsaws weren't developed till the 1920s, I believe, so those too are out of place. Blimps also weren't invented till sometime in the early 20th century, I believe, and there's that one model of one in the games. I always took that as the developers trying to say that Dracula created all these things, ha. Which is insanely goofy, and I love it. Castlevania's always been pretty goofy from the start.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline gravekeeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 06:50:08 AM »
Seriously, did you see the gay Dracula in Arcade?, God Bless Lords of Shadow.

I've heard the rumors.. but I haven't actually seen it for myself yet. Is it possible he's even more gay than Isasc? XD Don't get me wrong though, I love Isaac and I think his character and personality fit perfectly into the whole thing. I think Japan has a thing for evil homosexuals ;D

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 06:58:59 AM »
I second that. That is made by only one thing: Japanese Campy sense of humor.Only Japaneses could have the most dark epic tale and turn it into a miserable little pìle of nonsenses and abnormal freaks (This is a pun, not an offense  :D ) Seriously, did you see the gay Dracula in Arcade?, God Bless Lords of Shadow.

I believe a guy who's twice the size of a normal human being with a Scottish accent while running around in southern Europe and wields a trademarked weapon several centuries before the trademark was even invented is just as weird as motorcycling skeletons in the 19th century.

:)        

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 10:19:21 AM »
+1
Not really you know? is far less terrific  :-X
 ;D

Everything comes full circle

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 11:13:44 PM »
James hit it on the head as far as CV4 being the essence of Castlevania. It's dark, fucking dark! I don't think that replicating the experience visually and musically can be done in this day and age. I hope I am wrong but James is right. The opening sequence from the bats flying out before the title logo drops to the Dracula Battle song after the tombstone blows up and summarily blows James balls off is it.
The Dracula Battle song is simply the greatest Castlevania song EVER. If you were to take the cover of CV 1 and combine it with that song you would see Castlevania in it's purest rawest form.

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 08:16:50 AM »
I have a few comments:
1) the link you guys provided for part 2 goes to part 3 instead. So, I haven't seen part 2 yet.

Fixed

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2009, 09:51:05 AM »

The person who posted that video was mistaken since it isn't a gay dracula, but one who is smitten by the female, little witch, who herself is a bonus and possibly, non-canon character.  It is also a parody of a japanese dating sim.

Who is to say Lords of Shadows won't have any campy, humorous reference?  I do not believe it is just the japanese companies that comes up with strange storylines.  Bionic Commando, the 3d sequel, has a storyline where the main character's bionic hand is really his wife.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 02:49:29 PM »
Bionic Commando, the 3d sequel, has a storyline where the main character's bionic hand is really his wife.

Awesome. :o I never played it, but now I'm intrigued. (Reminds me I still have to play Rearmed.)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything