Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Angry Video Game Nerd CV vids (part 2 & 3)  (Read 8594 times)

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Angry Video Game Nerd CV vids (part 2 & 3)
« on: November 06, 2009, 12:16:55 AM »
Since the old topic was deleted, here is a new one w/ urls to part  2 and 3:

part 2
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/57923

part 3

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/58496

Not to be mean, but does anyone feels as if the AVGN might not be as good in games as might assume?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 08:16:15 AM by le052383 »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: Angry Video Game Nerd CV vids (part 2 & 3)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 12:59:30 AM »
I read that he often intentionally plays bad for comedic effect, but maybe he also does suck. Who knows? Who cares.

Rad videos. I wonder how much Castlevania experience the Nerd has (outside of the games covered).
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 09:26:59 AM »
The CV64 Part was ridiculous; how does the music suck?

Did he forget about silent madness?

And why is he complaining about chainsaw Frankenstein and the motorcycle skeletons?

Frankenstein was in Castlevania 1, which took place in 1691, so that argument is shot down.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 03:02:44 PM »
I don't understand why people think this guy is funny. Bitching and complaining about something isn't humorous, it's just annoying.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 03:34:36 PM »
I read that he often intentionally plays bad for comedic effect, but maybe he also does suck. Who knows? Who cares.

Rad videos. I wonder how much Castlevania experience the Nerd has (outside of the games covered).

I just find him not passin anything quite old hat.
It was funny at first, now it is just okay....

Seeing that he now does good titles, I think he is looking for new material.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 03:36:03 PM »
I don't understand why people think this guy is funny. Bitching and complaining about something isn't humorous, it's just annoying.

People find anything funny

IMO, the AVGN seems to have jumped the shark.  I no longer find him funny but watch his videos for nostalgic purposes

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 11:16:29 PM »
Part 4 is up!

It has Bloodlines and SotN.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/59132

EDIT: His SotN review isn't very good though. He's talking about completely random stuff, nitpicking it apart, and comparing it to Super CV 4. I mean... why?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 11:26:11 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 05:48:43 AM »
i would have forgiven his ho-hum review on SOTN if he at least said something about the music. He just realized there was too much good with the game that had to ignore some for his format. Also, the 4 seconds on Bloodlines was disgusting.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 08:36:31 PM »
I have a few comments:
1) the link you guys provided for part 2 goes to part 3 instead. So, I haven't seen part 2 yet.
2) He made a mistake in part 4.  He said that in DoS, the castle appears out of a eclipse in Japan, but it was actually in AoS in which that happened. Plus, he never touched on the fact that in that game you play as Dracula's reincarnation.
3) He didn't even touch on the 2 PS2 titles
4) Is there going to be a part 5? Or, is over completely?
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 09:12:30 PM »
Also, the 4 seconds on Bloodlines was disgusting.

You're pretty revolted, eh?

This is probably the last part. I couldn't really care less that he doesn't touch upon the PS2 games or go in-depth with the other titles, because...well...those games just aren't as fun as the old ones.

Hell, I could clamor for an X68000/Chronicles review or mention, but I really couldn't care less. The videos were fun, I enjoyed them, and I really don't see why he would've needed to go further with Bloodlines. He showed some coolness, mentioned how awesome it is, and moves on. Works for me.

I dunno, I think the AVGN is great. I love James Rolfe's videos, whether AVGN or CineMassacre movie reviews and such. The guy provides loads of entertainment for me. Yet, in this thread and the last one, people are saying he sucks and isn't funny. Yeah, you said that already... We get it. Quit watching the guy if you think he sucks; I think your opinion on him being unfunny sucks, so nyah. :o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 03:05:44 PM »
Oh no, a mod of an Overbloated, comatose forum says we suck!

Whatever shall we do? *sarcasm*

See, AF, your statement doesn't really carry a lot of weight now, does it?   :P
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 03:24:14 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline gravekeeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 04:28:28 PM »
And why is he complaining about chainsaw Frankenstein and the motorcycle skeletons?

Frankenstein was in Castlevania 1, which took place in 1691, so that argument is shot down.

In the original Castlevania Frankenstein was a boss. In CV64 there were several Frankensteins and they were wielding chainsaws.. I mean c'mon. And how can you NOT complain about the motorcycle skeletons?? That idea is probably as good as a fleaman flying a helicopter.. or having Super Mecha Dracula 2000X as the final boss.

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 04:33:46 PM »

. The videos were fun, I enjoyed them, and I really don't see why he would've needed to go further with Bloodlines. He showed some coolness, mentioned how awesome it is, and moves on. Works for me.

I thought the vids were fun as well. My thing with bloodlines is that there was enough WTF material to extend the segment. The background at the end of the first stage, drac's forms i.e. the random second one, hell he could have just went off how ridiculous the Germany stage was.

I like AVGN a lot, but what bugged me about this last vid is that it felt too general.  

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 05:07:25 PM »
Oh no, a mod of an Overbloated, comatose forum says we suck!

Whatever shall we do? *sarcasm*

See, AF, your statement doesn't really carry a lot of weight now, does it?   :P

Well, technically I said your opinions suck. ;) And it was a childish remark intended to be so.

Also, I'm not a mod anywhere. :o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 09:32:40 PM »
Yeah, I knew that all along.

Maybe I was thinking of Heretic?  :o

In the original Castlevania Frankenstein was a boss. In CV64 there were several Frankensteins and they were wielding chainsaws.. I mean c'mon. And how can you NOT complain about the motorcycle skeletons?? That idea is probably as good as a fleaman flying a helicopter.. or having Super Mecha Dracula 2000X as the final boss.

Two Words: Dracula's Magic.

*Runs for cover.*  8)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 09:45:39 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Tags: