Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Metroid: Other M  (Read 7306 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 08:04:57 PM »
is that short haired blonde it shows a few times Samus? If so... man shes lookin GOOD =D

Hot! And nice rack, too. The game itself sounds like it's gonna be awesome. But with Team Ninja making this thing, it's sure to at least be a damn solid action game.
"Stuff and things."

Offline MeSako

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Metroid: Other M
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 12:35:26 AM »
Maybe by tilting the Wiimote?

Pretty much how we tilted the platforms in NSMBW.
That would be cool, if done correctly. :)

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »
CLARIFICATION: It's actually not a side-scroller. Having read a number of previews on the gameplay, I've realized there are mixed messages going out. From what I've gathered, it's always full 3D (hence the ability to change to first person view at all times); however, while in third-person view it has forced camera angles like Devil May Cry.

Therefore, some areas look more 2.5D/side-scroller-esque, but you can still move into and out of the background. As for L/R aiming: it's been announced that there is auto-aim for your gun arm: you face the direction of the enemy, and the blast goes toward the nearest foe. Now, it might seem weird, but it makes sense given that the enemies now come in swarms from all directions, not just right and left, one or two at a time. Plus, if you want to use missiles, you have to go into first person mode and then aim, making for a degree of risk-reward strategy. In first person mode, you can scan for secrets, too--but it looks to be more streamline than Prime's scan visor.

While there will be more action and story cut-scenes, it's been said that the game will be large with lots of open and isolated exploration. (the stuff shown so far is supposedly equivalent to the opening of Prime, which was linear, too) So it's not like they're warping it into an action game with no puzzles/exploring. The overall progression is still a mystery, though it's been said to be influenced by Fusion. Hopefully it'll be more balanced than Fusion, like Prime 3 was.

All and all, I like the bold new direction. It's very close to what I envisioned a 3D Metroid game to be and, if nothing else, it will give me the satisfaction of having an acrobatic third-person 3D Samus instead of a slowpoke 1st person floating gun arm. (No disrespect to Prime, of course). This is the best of both worlds, though, because like the 3D Zeldas, you get first-person and third-person elements.

Tags:

anything