Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rondo of Blood spotted at ESRB website (NOW AVAILABLE IN USA)  (Read 23942 times)

Offline UnManuel

• Castlevania has changed.
  • Hunter in Training
  • guaramberri
    • UnManuel.com
    • Awards
Re: Rondo of Blood spotted at ESRB website (NOW AVAILABLE IN USA)
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2010, 07:59:55 PM »
WTF since when Richter has a moonwalking move? BTW, I'm so glad I can finally play this game in a proper TV set and closer than ever to its original form! And while beholding it in all its pixillated glory, I cannot help but keep telling myself how much this game beats the crap out of its remake, DXC, in every sense conceivable.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2010, 08:57:35 PM »
I just got 100% on the game.  The differences from the original that i noticed.  The opening audio is from the PSP version.  The wolfman also still sports the green undies from the PSP version.  Thats the only differences I've seen so far.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2010, 04:32:12 AM »
quite puzzling why they bothered to change the German voice  over.  ruins the authenticity of this version.  maybe it was in the voice actor's contract?  did the original say something that wasn't canon anymore?  bah, never mind.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2010, 08:37:57 AM »
I hate that this has the German intro from the PSP version. Unchanged import, my ass! I like hearing the original one more.

As for the wolfman's underoos, I believe they had that in the Japanese Virtual Console port as well, which struck me as really bizarre. But that's consistent with all region releases of the VC version; why they had to go and swap the intro voiceover in North America and presumably Europe is just strange...and stupid.

Oh well. The Japanese version will stay on my Wii for the sake of authenticity, and I'll just tuck away the NA download on my SD card. I like being able to finally pay for the game.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2010, 10:56:04 AM »
why they had to go and swap the intro voiceover in North America and presumably Europe is just strange...and stupid.

I remember at one point IGA said the reason they had to change it fir the PSP was because they couldn't find the person who did the voice over and it could have cause problems or something if they kept it in the re-release, so I'm assuming thats why they had to change it again.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline ReyVGM

• Game Endings Master
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2010, 11:57:20 AM »
But the Japanese version has the original track. They could have easily left it like that, just like the rest of the game.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2010, 12:06:20 PM »
we'll i have already played the remake on psp and the original also so i'm not really all that excited.
but hey i do have a wii and i might download it just incase i get bored or something ;D

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2010, 08:38:39 PM »
And while beholding it in all its pixillated glory, I cannot help but keep telling myself how much this game beats the crap out of its remake, DXC, in every sense conceivable.

Such bullshit. The remake improved on the original in a variety of ways, such as giving Dracula a third form, revamping stage 5' into something worthwhile, and adding in a vampirzed Annete fight. There's a bunch of other things I could probably rattle on about, but I'd rather not waste my time.

It's funny how people can hold the original Rondo on a pedestal yet blast the DXC remake. Silly purists.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2010, 08:58:20 PM »
It is just an opinion, y'know; and it's my opinion that DXC isn't all that good, and that the original game dumps all over it in every conceivable way.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2010, 09:05:02 PM »
My only complaint with DXC was Maria not wearing a dress.
Now the DXX piece of offal they released on the SNES was a slap in the face to us all.
"Stuff and things."

Offline crims0nf0rtune

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2010, 09:37:10 PM »
Hmmm I honestly don't see how anyone could see the DXC remake as superior... In my opinion the original beats it in every category.  Sound, graphics... the graphics were the worst part imo and certain objects were hard to see in the drab colors added with a PSP screen.  Idk, I wish they would have stuck with 2D and made all new and absolutely beautiful sprites... but I'm just rambling now.

Offline UnManuel

• Castlevania has changed.
  • Hunter in Training
  • guaramberri
    • UnManuel.com
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2010, 10:04:38 PM »
It's funny how people can hold the original Rondo on a pedestal yet blast the DXC remake. Silly purists.

It's funny how people can stick to a low-poly mess of a remake without even noticing how much they screwed up the gameplay in the process. DXC is just an interesting remake, but a better game it is not (cutscenes are the only actual improvement). See, low-poly, blurry-textured 3D makes sprites harder to see and collisions difficult to measure, while 2D provides clean, colorful and straightforward solutions for characters and scenario. I'm not saying 2.5D is a bad thing to do, but this particular 2.5D implementation is not exactly my favorite one (ahek ahek Bionic Commando Rearmed ahek).

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2010, 12:25:31 AM »
Now the DXX piece of offal they released on the SNES was a slap in the face to us all.

Most people feel that way, but I personally think that Dracula XX is rad. :o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2010, 12:40:33 AM »
It is just an opinion, y'know; and it's my opinion that DXC isn't all that good, and that the original game dumps all over it in every conceivable way.

Well whoopdeefuckingdoo: your opinion is an unsupported pile of shit. You must be so proud.

It's funny how people can stick to a low-poly mess of a remake without even noticing how much they screwed up the gameplay in the process. DXC is just an interesting remake, but a better game it is not (cutscenes are the only actual improvement). See, low-poly, blurry-textured 3D makes sprites harder to see and collisions difficult to measure, while 2D provides clean, colorful and straightforward solutions for characters and scenario. I'm not saying 2.5D is a bad thing to do, but this particular 2.5D implementation is not exactly my favorite one (ahek ahek Bionic Commando Rearmed ahek).

I've played both games very thoroughly, and all this nonsense about collision and "screwed up gameplay" is just that: nonsense. You jump, whip, and move in a similar fashion to that of the original game. Also, 3D visuals don't have a damn thing to do with hitboxes. Blurry textures? Can't see? Then there's either something really fucking wrong with you, or you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Aside from the DEFINITE IMPROVEMENTS that I already mentioned, others include more detailed background visuals (please recall that your beloved 2D Rondo sported a bland-as-hell dungeon and clock tower). You seem so keen on condemning the 3D visuals of DXC, but I personally feel that they go a long way in fleshing out the enviroment in ways that the original didn't (another example I can bring up here being the rapids ride section).

I suppose I can understand people preferring the original game by merit of it, well, being the original game and all. However, acting as if the game's a godsend while the remake is a piece of shit strikes me as genuinely retarded.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2010, 01:09:02 AM »
Thinking back on itm I remember thinking initially that the textures they used were too "noisy" if that makes any sense.
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything