Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rondo of Blood spotted at ESRB website (NOW AVAILABLE IN USA)  (Read 23943 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: Rondo of Blood spotted at ESRB website
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 03:09:47 PM »
i wouldn't be that surprised if we did get it.  we did get several Konami imports, including one with a baby who uses a rattle as a weapon (Bio Miracle Upa or something like that), so why not a kid dracula?

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2010, 03:24:49 AM »
Looks like Europe is getting Rondo of Blood tomorrow as part of the Hanabi celebration.  I certainly hope this means North America will get it on Monday.

http://www.ds-x2.com/news/Hanabi%2BFestival%2Bbrings%2BCastlevania%2Bto%2BEurope,13739,13739

Offline Kefka_Palazzo

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
Rondo got released on the Virtual Console today(March 15th 2010) in North America, under the name "CASTLEVANIA: RONDO OF BLOOD".
It's an import release, set at 900 Wii points. By default TG16 games which were Turbo Duo CDs are 800 points, imports 900 points obviously(such as the case with Gradius II PCE). As of now, the only three (originally-on-a-console) Castlevania games not to be released on the VC are Vampire Killer/Akumajou Dracula(for the MSX), Castlevania: Bloodlines/CV: New Generation/Akumajou Dracula: Vampire Killer(for the Genesis), and Castlevania: Dracula X/CV: Vampire's Kiss/Akumajou Dracula XX(for the SNES).

As with most(if not all) of the VC import titles on the Wii, no additional localizaiton has been done. However, I'm sure that won't be a problem for people who played Dracula X Chronicles extensively. That and the fact the Japanese was translated(the files are on the CV Dungeon's page for Rondo) well before DXC got released for the PSP.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 10:15:36 AM by Kefka_Palazzo »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2010, 10:21:45 AM »
Very nice, let's download it! :D I'm tired of that bad emulation on my xbox.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kefka_Palazzo

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2010, 10:29:46 AM »
Already did - I downloaded it at about 12:10PM(mere minutes after it was upped to the Wii Shop Channel). Only played the DXC version prior to today.

For the sake of reference Nintendo announces their additions to the North American Wii/DSi Shop Channels a couple of hours prior to them being added on their press site: the site is press.nintendo.com.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 02:55:20 PM by Kefka_Palazzo »

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2010, 10:59:32 AM »
I'm watching Mario collect coins for my download right now!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2010, 11:56:48 AM »
Woot! Will download when less busy.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2010, 03:02:25 PM »
sweet, i'd better do that now (though company might arrive before i can get to it...) 

don't forget that Castlevania 64 and Legacy of Darkness still need to make their VC debut  ;D

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »
Wh00t now I can get it legally! :D :D :D
I'd love LoD on Wii.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: Rondo of Blood spotted at ESRB website (NOW AVAILABLE IN USA)
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2010, 03:24:49 PM »
Is it like the PSP version or a new translation?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2010, 04:45:33 PM »
I'm playing it now, here's what I noticed:

1. The introduction of the game is using the "The DraculaX Chronicles" audio, not the "DraculaX: Rondo of Blood" original Audio.  So while the introduction is still in German, it's using the new german sound from the PSP.

2. Everything else is in Japanese.  I'm in the Ghost Ship and there's been, so far, no changes in the Japanese audio (I've rescued Maria and Iris).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2010, 04:46:23 PM »
none of the dialog is translated.  the menu has English in it, but I'm not sure if that was there in the original or not.  there is an operation manual that is in English.  i learned a couple things i didn't realize before by reading the manual, such as that Richter could walk while facing the same direction or that the number of hearts flashes when you are able to do an item crash.

Offline crims0nf0rtune

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2010, 06:28:08 PM »
^Dude, how could you not know that the hearts flash when you can do an item crash?^

And yes, the English in the main menu is from the original Japanese version.

Offline UnManuel

• Castlevania has changed.
  • Hunter in Training
  • guaramberri
    • UnManuel.com
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2010, 06:35:18 PM »
Got it.

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2010, 07:01:33 PM »
This would probably be a bigger deal for me if I didn't already have the game on my Wii. Seriously, it's crazy how easy that stuff is.

Nonetheless, I would buy Legacy of Darkness in a heartbeat. I love that game to bits, and there's currently no way of playing it on the Wii.

Tags: