Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Stoopid Wikipedia (regarding Kinuyo Yamashita)  (Read 4367 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Stoopid Wikipedia (regarding Kinuyo Yamashita)
« on: February 22, 2010, 08:16:31 PM »
Has this been posted yet?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Stoopid Wikipedia (regarding Kinuyo Yamashita)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 08:33:39 PM »
No, but it sucks, boys, if we want to show our admiration to her, it's out time to shine. we must to know everygame she has worked on, then put them in her page, and case solved.

Everything comes full circle

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 09:29:16 PM »
I agree.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 11:20:42 AM »
Well, as mentioned in the blog post, there's already this guy's Wikipedia page about her, which has a pretty extensive list.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 03:16:36 PM »
Wikipedia can be so ridiculously anal sometimes. ~_~

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
Yes, Wikipedia is run by obnoxiously xenophobic Western nerds who find absolutely every shred of Star Wars material to be credible, but will randomly delete articles concerning major animu / vidja properties and personalities without warning for being "unnotable."

This has been known since the Gundam debacle of 2004.

oh and holy crap I didn't know she worked on the Power Rangers SNES soundtrack.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:18:55 PM by Super Waffle »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
I used to have her as a friend on my Myspace page before I deleted it, and she's an extraoridinarily nice person. She even left a very nice comment on my page, and was always looking for work on her status updates. She needs to be recognized!
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline castlemaniablog

• Blogger
    • Castlemania blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 05:25:52 PM »
I found this hilarious as well. I pointed out in my article on it that there's a damn article about Ada Wong on there.

http://www.castlemaniablog.com/?p=1980

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 05:59:49 PM »
I really don't see the point of having to be "officially" recognized by the so-called "mainstream" industry in order for someone to be honored for their work. I my opinion there is only one mainstream: US! Us fans ARE the mainstream and it is through us that things should be set into proper prespective. I think this person should be recognized for her work. It was the first Castlevania game she worked on so she should be honored for her contrabutions to it.

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 06:33:23 PM »
She's found work as of late.
I believe she's got some sound effects project she's working on.
She also has done the music for "Walk it Out" as of late.  I think that's a Konami fitness Wii game in JPN (maybe USA too?).

So no worries, she's got work. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 06:40:05 PM »
I have yet to play Mega Man X3. I hear the music is pretty boss. Except I'm unsure if she did the SNES or PSX score—apparently the latter kinda stinks.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 06:43:22 PM »
She did the SNES score for that.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »
By the way, if you guys would like me to ask her some questions (I'm in the process of asking her for a live interview with me on behalf of the Castlevania Dungeon), feel free to post them.

If she gives me the OK I can talk to her one of these upcoming weekends.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 09:41:01 PM »
In regards to Mega Man X3 you're not missing much there Abnormal Freak. I find that MMX2 had some better tracks then X3 and MMX had an even better soundtrack then either X2 or X3. I have both the SNES port and the PS2 version on my MMX collection for the PS2. I do find that some of the X3 tracks actually sound better through the PS2 version then on the SNES. But again, you're not missing much.

-X

Tags:

anything